March 2008 challenge: “Robot”
- Robo-T2.zip — final entry (12.37 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- AMurderInThePark-win32-py2exe.zip — Final Submission - py2exe win32 version (1.76 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
- AMurderInThePark.zip — Final version - platform independent (121.82 Kbytes on 2008/04/05)
- seaWar-1.0.zip — Sea War 1.0 Release (2.84 Mbytes on 2008/04/04)
- seaWar-1.0-rc2.zip — SeaWar 1.0 rc2 release (2.77 Mbytes on 2008/04/04)
- seaWar-alpha-0.9.zip — 0.9 Alpha release (2.44 Mbytes on 2008/04/03)
P.S. This game is for my sons, They are 4+ and 2+.(four years old and two years old)
- monsterbot-1.0.zip — Here is the final submission (20.69 Kbytes on 2008/04/05)
- SpaceRobodyssey.tar.gz — final entry (2.82 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- suckerpunch_b05.zip — final entry (168.81 Kbytes on 2008/04/07)
A robotic vacuum cleaner beating the crap out of military vehicles. Hectigo's three-day personal project. I originally planned to do a group project with pekuja and JDruid this time around, but ended up working by myself.
The game will have a home page at Hectigo.net
Notice: The game uses pyglet for sounds, so it won't work on Linux unless you have avbin installed. Otherwise, pyglet is the only software dependency (besides Python, of course).
- worlddomination.tar.bz2 — final submission (10.01 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
My first contribution to PyWeek. This is the project name, and it will probably change depending on the outcome of my code.
Code, Graphics, Game Design and Story by Johey.
Ok, I did not manage to finish this game. The final upload is just a proof of concept. I wanted to include more features, and some features are not completely ready. There are tons of bugs as well. The most annoying one is that the enemies don't come back when you restart. It just looks like so.
- RoboMinions-1.2.zip — Added Score Stuff save scores and removed the annoying background music :) (1.51 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
- RoboMinions-1.0.zip — Final Version (942.72 Kbytes on 2008/04/05)
- jokenbots-1.0.zip — final entry (18.66 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- pyweek-jazaian-robot-src+motherhamster.tar.gz — final entry (5.08 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- pyweek-jazaian-robot-src.tar.gz — final entry (5.03 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- crushallhuman-pyweek.zip — final entry (104.12 Kbytes on 2008/04/06)
PUNY HUMAN PROGRAMMER DECIDED TWO DAYS IN COMPETITION TO START ENTRY. GAME INVOLVES ROBOT CRUSHING PUNY HUMAN, CRUSHING STUPID HUMAN, CRUSHING PATHETIC HUMAN. GAIN SCORE WHEN HUMAN ARE CRUSHED! REPEAT UNTIL DEATH, MEATBAG!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF HUMAN : A DEAD ONE AND A DEAD ONE! HA. HA. HA. LAUGH AT ROBO-JOKE! I COMMAND YOU!
PANDA3D REQUIRED, IF YOUR PUNY HUMAN BRAIN IS TOO WEAK TO READ ROBO-README!
ROBO-TIP: IF YOUR COMPUTAR-MACHIENE IS NOT POWERFUL, EDIT crushallhuman/lib/globals.py AND DECREASE BUILDING-DENSITY, FIELD-SIZE, HUMANS, CARS UNTIL FRAME-RATE IS SATISFACTORY.
OTHER PUNY HUMANS CAN CHECK OUT SOURCE CODE FROM PUNY GOOGLE CODE. ROBOT IS SO MUCH SMARTER IT CHECKS OUT CODE BEFORE IT IS WRITTEN! http://code.google.com/p/crush-all-human/
- Killer Robot updated.zip — THe Game itself, again. update readme. KILLER ROBOT! (3.13 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
- Killer Robot.zip — The game itself. KILLER ROBOT (3.13 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
Splades are far more lethal than Sporks. We intend to write a Python game with nothing to do with either.
- ghettoviking-0.4.zip — final entry (3.42 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- RoboFusion1.0Final.zip — final submission (2.07 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- BotBuilder2000-1.1.zip — final entry (8.03 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- BotBuilder2000-1.0.zip — Final entry #1 (8.02 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
- x25-1.0.zip — final entry (11.52 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- 1stPlayer0.5.zip — final entry (66.23 Kbytes on 2008/04/06)
- 1stPlayer0.5.zip — final submission (66.23 Kbytes on 2008/04/06)
Can you do it?
With less than 24hr in total (not including sleep), it has been another great py-2-days!
(more levels will be coming after the judging)
Please read the readme file first.
(the first cube doesn't come back).
Do try to imagine it does come back every time.
This bug won't affect mission1, as there is only one condition there.
- RogerRobot_pyweek6_entry_final.zip — final entry (9.75 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- rogerrobat-alpha1.zip — Alpha1 (8.61 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
CPUFreak91: UI Coding, Misc Coding
HanClinto: Gameplay Coding, Misc Coding
Samw3: Story, Design, Misc Coding
Charlie: Design, Misc Coding
Ray Allen Gebhardt: Noolness Music Pack 1
- gather-1.1.zip — the final upload: part 3 (1.47 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
Who can say how it happened? Stray gamma rays, broken neurotronics.... swizzled turbo encabulator? Suffice to say, one droid has gained intelligence and must now reprogram its brethren to destroy the evil overlords.
Gather your fellow workers from across the frozen desert and unite against the big tank like things that shoot rockets!
- AssemblyLine-0.4.zip — final entry (796.94 Kbytes on 2008/04/06)
- AssemblyLine-0.2.zip — Assembly Line 0.2 Source (757.11 Kbytes on 2008/04/05)
- AssemblyLine-0.1.1.zip — Assembly Line 0.1.1 Source (488.05 Kbytes on 2008/04/04)
That's Factory Automation Design Engineer, working for Pixall Manufacturing, makers of the finest pixellated products.
We give you a product design from our R&D department. You design and build a factory to make it as efficiently and profitably as possible, using the latest in industrial robotics and other automated machinery. Do it well and we might not fire you!
- herobot.zip — final entry (8.06 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- herobot-10.zip — final submission (8.06 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
Share your highest record!!!
Capture the scores screen and publish it in the He Robot Flickr group! *****************************************************
- robosub_v1.0.zip — Final Entry. Hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what your scores end up being! (1.73 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
- robosub.zip — Nearly Final, if i don't get a chance to add a few things, this will do! (1.73 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
- sf10_final.zip — final game (2.04 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
This is the short first fight in a game all about fighting iteration after iteration of a mean boss robot that just doesn't know how to die! It may be a little difficult, I balanced it for me. While I can beat it every time, it may take a while for others to acquire this skill.
- zk3-catbot.zip — Final submission!! :) (1.85 Mbytes on 2008/04/05)
The developement of this robot is now complete and the first prototype is ready for initial tests. You were chosen as programmer to help C.A.T.B.O.T. developing it's own basic decision algorithm by monitoring how you are solving different tests.
Will you succeed in creating a C.A.T.B.O.T. with capabilities beyond ODS' Techdogs'?
- robot_toast_really_final.zip — final entry (6.26 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
Ninjabot is fast an agile; he can run, jump, grab ledges, jump off walls, and in later levels he can even grapple and use rocketboots!
Beating the game is no small feat, but definitely possible with the right reflexes. Can you make it to the end?
sound not found (Wilhelm.ogg) - Linux only (I think) - fix: in lib/sprites.py line 473: Change Wilhelm.ogg to wilhelm.ogg
no joystick found - very rare - fix: comment out lines 150-160 in lib/main.py
- aerobotics-1.2.zip — final entry (4.02 Mbytes on 2008/04/06)
- Interesting gameplay!
- Tutorial stage
- Easy-medium-hard levels
- Online highscore
Check www.mindless-labs.com/aerobotics for more information!
- glitch-final.zip — final entry (321.31 Kbytes on 2008/04/06)
- glitch-040518.zip — submit version, 4/5 18:00 (182.10 Kbytes on 2008/04/05)
- glitch-040516.zip — submit version, 4/5 16:00 (321.12 Kbytes on 2008/04/05)
My lofty goals:
1) Don't suck
2) Don't fail
3) Drink more ale
WISH ME LUCK. D':