Ghetto VIking: The prophecy
Ratings (show detail)
I am amazed we got this far in just one week. All the graphics are placeholders, since we are still awaiting the graphics... There are some major bugs as well, but hey, one day left
I love you, HanClinto
Many thanks to HanClinto and his auto-exe-script. I suppose that Richard is allready aware of the problems with skellington's setup.py, but I found that it was not able to run it from its current directory, and had a buggy handling of many-levelled subdirectories in data/. I merged Clinto's script with setup.py and made some smaller modifications to address this; feel free to check it out in the SVN repository!
This about concludes it for this time, but the Ghetto Viking Killer Robot is not dead! We might just show up for the Pyggy awards. Check out the SVN repository regularly to see our progress. See you!
The following is a compilation of the bugs that you reported:
- Fixed in SVN:
- Also , once you get past level 7 the list goes off the bottom.
- Crashes when I beat all cities above city 0.
- City 10 won't load either: Could not load song data\music\robot_ending_arr.ogg.ogg Couldn't read from 'data\music\robot_ending_arr.ogg.ogg'
- whenever i pressed left crtl, it would die saying it couldn't open data/images/bullet.png
- it crashed when try to show me the credits :(
- Not fixed:
- The collision detection was glitchy, and I tended to snag on walls (We fought this beast for two days, and decided to leave it as soon as you could run through the levels in an (almost) non-spasmic manner.)
- It would also be good if you automatically could restart the level when you died (Never thought of that. Thanks)
- Make the game save your best times so that you could speedrun it as well (To much to do; to little time ;) )
- Addictive (This is a feature. Go to rehab if it gets worse ;) )
To download the latest version from svn, run the following command:
If you like the music, please visit http://www.cp80.se for more.
At least we're happy
However, there is still some major bugs which we did not find in time. The most problematic one is that in windows the game crashes when it tries to save your progress after completing the first level.
I am still not sure why, since this does not occur on Linux, nor Mac. If you still want to play some other levels the bug can be bypassed by adding the numbers 0-16 (all the levels) to the data/unlocked file. Remember newlines!
We'll be releasing a bugfixed and improved version of the game after the voting is finished. Have a nice time!
The sum is: 0605b911f5eaf21f748c29710f02c4ab
I can't believe we actually made it!
DAMN that anti-aliasing!
Don't panic. Large, friendly letters...Pink ones. Meh.
Slowly becoming playable
Question about the rules
Richard or anyone: Does all media included have to be released under the CC license, or are we free to use it?
Collision control makes Robot want to kill
However, I did have time to implement a nice (well, working) menu system, and Jakob made some nive HUMAN-KILL-GORE. You can see the menu as a screenshot (the thumbnail doesn't show it correctly, though).
Skating robot horror
After much contemplation, I present to you Ghetto Viking: Skating Robot Horror!
Check it out with Now for something completely different:
These are Rkeys suggestions for an evil robot capable of starting World War 5:
We expect it to develop into something more sinister, though. By itself. Beyond our control. You know how it works.
On the subject of sleep
SO! Robots, is it? Nice, though a little expected. Now we can skip all the gore programming (which was to be used if 'mashed' won) and...yeah, what now?!
Vem luktar godast?
As of now, we are fully armed for the competition! We decided to host our svn database on Google code (using Sourceforge or Savannah seemed a bit overkill).
The url is http://code.google.com/p/ghettovikingprophecy/
Beware: gangstah barbarians approacing
At last, I have registered our entry. Not that I am a leader type, but i forcefully claim the adminship of our team! Any who oppose me are likely to be eaten by a grue.