September 2007 challenge: “Twisted”
- twistit-5.tar.gz — twistit final (2.41 Mbytes on 2007/09/09)
- twistit-3.tar.gz — Completely working version (2.40 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- twistit-2.tar.gz — Second (kind of) working version (2.38 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- twistit.tar.gz — First (kind of) working version (2.22 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- ufo_attack-0.5.zip — ufo_attack-0.5 (1.79 Mbytes on 2007/09/09)
Three Web developers join forces to create an entertainment application.
The result is UFO Attack! A game with a lot of planning under the hood, but very few of our intentions realized.
NOTE: There's a bug! Debugging needs to be turned on for the full effect. Just change line 5 of lib/utils.py to:
debugFlag = True
- wind-gods-1.1.zip — wind-gods-1.1 final (1.97 Mbytes on 2007/09/09)
- wind-gods-1.0.zip — wind-gods-1.0.zip (1.97 Mbytes on 2007/09/09)
- wind-gods-0.95.zip — May very well be the final version (1.97 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- wind-gods-0.9.zip — Very close to final final (1.97 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- wind-gods-0.8.zip — Almost... done... (1.89 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
"We let pygons be pygons."
- tubasc_robast-0.6.9.zip — Some bugs fixed, collisions against level edges checked, victory conditions checked (149.17 Kbytes on 2007/09/08)
Game: Tubasc Robast (if this name means anything to you, send me a message so I can change it)
Team: Hectigo aka. Olli Etuaho. Doing everything by myself again.
Before the competition I wasn't sure if I would be able to participate this time, but here we are, and I have plenty of time and a pretty good idea what I'll be working on. So let's see if I can scrape something together!
- zk2.zip — Final! :) (1.16 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
Neko-Chan is bored. Nothing exciting is going on and it seems this won't change for the rest of the day. But luckily, OneNeko-Chan has this imported sliding puzzle in her magical box of occupation!
Help Neko-Chan and Oneneko-chan to master this colour-twisting board of time-consumption.
- DCK_final_src.rar — final pyweek version - source edition (743.00 Kbytes on 2007/09/08)
- DCK_final_win.rar — final pyweek version - windows edition (2.88 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- wound-up-1.0.2.zip — Final Submission (5.39 Mbytes on 2007/09/09)
Wound Up!: Elves! Elves and clocks! With gumball machines! And Giant Springs, Giant Springs powered by elves! And no buckets! No bucket disco, no, no! Featuring the adventures of Amos Elfson and "Questionable" Bartholomew "The Elfmeister" von MacFeatheringwright-MacFeatheringwright Esq.
- Twisted River Final.tar.gz — Final release. Contains manual and performance improvements. (1.16 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- Twisted River Pre-Final.tar.gz — Almost-Final Release: Manual still missing (527.94 Kbytes on 2007/09/08)
Your twisted god sends you along a twisted quest to take a few twisted people and settle along a twisted river. Can you fulfill your destiny or will you cause everybody to starve?
A city-builder game set along a unnaturally winding river, with crazy villagers and a god who would love to see you fail.
- Murmel2.zip — final submission (12.03 Mbytes on 2007/09/09)
Bugfix for linux users: reaname data/art/menusplash.png to menusplash.PNG (sorry!)
Our entry for Pyweek 5. The theme is twisted and our project hopes to score with our simple scheme of gameplay. The player controls a marble and the challenge is to find the end of the maze. To make the game fun, challenging and to fit the theme of the competition, we have created an interesting control scheme. By dragging on screen with the mouse, the player will be able to rotate the level around the marble. Gravity always acts upon the marble, down, relative to the screen. In this way the player can manuever the marble in all sorts of interesting ways. To coincide with the traditional traps of the original Murmel-Labyrinths the marble in this game will be fragile. Fall too far a distance and you'll shatter forcing you to restart.
- Twistball-0.3-final.zip — Final submission, didnt get to all the things I wanted. I'll continue working on those and see if I can make another submission before the end. (7.92 Kbytes on 2007/09/08)
- twisted_twister.tar.gz — Twisted Twister - Final (1.33 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
You are Sammy the Spotter, out to test your latest invention: the Tornado Obliterator and Eradicator 3000 (TOE 3000). Using your spotter experience, you drive out, keeping tuned to the Baker Weather Service (the best weather service on the planet). Suddenly, you hear over the radio: "Tornadoes approaching!" Perfect! This is the chance to see if the TOE 3000 will really work! You rush on out, careful to stay in your car. This is it! Oh NO! There are houses here. Maybe you can help them! Can you eradicate the tornadoes, save the houses, and keep away from the lightning storm?
- TwistedWars.tar.gz — TwistedWars final (15.42 Mbytes on 2007/09/09)
- ventus_virginis-1.0.zip — pynxilla final (4.96 Mbytes on 2007/09/09)
- galvinball-0.3.3.zip — Updated documentation. (4.42 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- galvinball-0.3.2.zip — Just a bugfix. (4.42 Mbytes on 2007/09/07)
- galvinball-0.3.zip — A few improvements, cleaned up the code. (4.42 Mbytes on 2007/09/06)
- galvinball-0.2.1.zip — Needs improvement, but already fun! (4.42 Mbytes on 2007/09/06)
(I never programmed with pygame before, but I would like to give it a try, just for fun.)
An implementation of Calvinball from Calvin & Hobbes -- make up the rules as you play, literally!
- juicer-1.0-win32.zip — final version - win32 (py2exe) (4.46 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- juicer-1.0.zip — final version - all platforms (1.83 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
- twisty_ropes-0.1a.zip — Twisty Ropes final (62.98 Kbytes on 2007/09/08)
fingers typing in the night
we return again
we are the shining star.
First place of the top-list
for us is surely won
given the condition
that ORDER BY score ASC is on!
- aurora.zip — aurora final (31.48 Mbytes on 2007/09/09)
Fly the twisted tunnels of different planets as the royal courier! Avoid hitting civilians while blasting hostile ships to bits! Be the best pilot of the Aurora Fighter in the galaxy!
You can see some Release notes for our game describing installation and some known issues.
- twisted-zombie-1.0.zip — Final version of Twisted Zombie (5.39 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
Video: Have you tried it? No yet? You can see a video of the game.
News: There is also a Windows package (do not need to isntall python or pygame).
Media: All music and graphics in Twisted Zombie were originally created for this challenge.
From: Santa Fe, Argentina.
- Batwima Islands.zip — my final package fo pyweek 5 (431.42 Kbytes on 2007/09/08)
Your islanders are scattered on several islands and your goal is to regather them. You can do this by spending some people to anchor an floating island, pull islands with ropes together and also release them. At last you can let your people wander from one island to another connected one.
Your only resource are your limited number of islanders, but beware of the scary tiger on flotsams ;)
- hellacopy-1.2.zip — hellacopy final (884.61 Kbytes on 2007/09/10)
- hellacopy-1.1.zip — PyWeek 4 Submission (261.25 Kbytes on 2007/09/08)
- hellacopy-1.0.zip — PyWeek 4 Submission (54.30 Kbytes on 2007/09/08)
- 5B-0.4.zip — 5B-0.4 final (667.69 Kbytes on 2007/09/09)
- 5B-0.5.zip — 5B-0.5 final (668.60 Kbytes on 2007/09/09)
- 5B-0.3.zip — 555-BOOM! Version 0.3 (817.33 Kbytes on 2007/09/08)
- 5B-0.2.zip — 555-BOOM! Version 0.2 (807.42 Kbytes on 2007/09/07)
- 5B-0.1.zip — 555-BOOM! version 0.1 (800.98 Kbytes on 2007/09/06)
Your task is to take the TWINKLE out of the Tyger's eye by tracing the connections through the TWISTED and tortuous circuits of the softly TICKING exchange equipment, and finding a way to disarm the bombs before time runs out.
Only you can save the country's vital communications infrastructure from being thrown into TURMOIL...
Note: The screen shot at right is NOT the last level any more, but screen shot uploading doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
- woodys_marbles_s_070908b_final.zip — release candidate 2 (19.95 Mbytes on 2007/09/08)
Woody Tigerbaum is back in an epistolatory game of marbles, pipes, and (of course) crates.