October 2014 challenge: “One Room”
- dist_postcomp_10-26.zip — Essentially the same as the last file, but with an EXE version included. Also fixed music not playing after loading a save.
- dist_final.zip — The final submission version. 6 levels, 2 music tracks.
The gameplay is based on the fact that you can grab the walls and ceiling of the room to jump on your opponent.
I'm currently developing a library called mvctools based on pygame and the MVC pattern.
PyWeek is a good opportunity to see if it can actually be useful :)
Drinkin beer and catchin fish
Rack up prize money as you compete in an endless cycle of ice fishing derbies. Make sure you're drinking something that the fish you want to catch like and watch out for hungry sturgeons.
Source Github: https://github.com/iminurnamez/oneroom
Windows Executable Github: https://github.com/iminurnamez/oneroomshack_windowsexecutable
- unvisible-0.3.1.zip — Version 0.3.1 - Really Final
- unvisible-0.3.zip — Version 0.3 - Final Release
- unvisible-0.2.zip — Version 0.2
- unvisible-0.1.zip — Version 0.1
Needs Python 2 (doesn't work on 3!)
- Vixelli's Adventure 2.zip — Final code with images and read me
- Microscape - pw19_py25.rar — Microscape - Python 2.5/Pygame
- Microscape - py19_py32.rar — Microscape - Python 3.2/Pygame
- daftpyweek19.zip — Final Game
Use WASD to move around or D-pad on a gamepad. You carry 30 tiles at a time, if you run out then return to your ship to get more.
- VROOM41-multifac19-2014-10-FINAL-v1.1.zip — Final entry, compatible w/ Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.x
Please see README.txt for essential details, including the rest of the back story.
- family_treasure-1.1.0-final.tar.gz — Final submission - Source distribution
- family_treasure-1.1.0-final.exe — Fnal submission - Windows binary
You are trapped in a dark room with giant spiders. Luckily you got some weapons and torches with you. Unlucky for you: torches tend to burn up when used. And the spiders will kill you as soon as the light goes out.
Kill spiders to find more torches. Beware not to touch the spiders, they will take away your torches!
- Python :) (tested with 2.7)
- Six (included in newer version)
- Slappa_1.0.1.zip — Windows exe 1.0.1
- slappa.opk — GCW-Zero
- Slappa-win.zip — Windows exe
- Slappa.zip — Source + data
Arcade minigame about slapping projectiles and beating high scores.
Punch and jump your way to a high score! Slap the projectiles back at monsters! Don't get hit!
- source.zip — game source
- windows_dist.zip — game windows standalone
- mac_dist.zip — mac standalone app
Readme and licensing in source package. Running from source requires pygame.
Otherwise consider using the mac or windows standalone applications
- limbo_room.zip — final
- The Never Ending Dungeon.zip — The Never Ending Dungeon
- OneRoomAndAGoblinInvasion.zip — The final game!
- zort.zip — First final upload
- pacewar-1.5.2-win32.7z — Pacewar 1.5.2 (Windows 32-bit)
- pacewar-1.5.2-gnulinux-i686.tar.xz — Pacewar 1.5.2 (GNU/Linux 32-bit)
- pacewar-1.5.2-gnulinux-x86_64.tar.xz — Pacewar 1.5.2 (GNU/Linux 64-bit)
- pacewar-1.5.2-src.tar.gz — Pacewar 1.5.2 (source code)
- pacewar-1.4.zip — Pacewar 1.4
- pacewar-1.4-lq.zip — Pacewar 1.4 (low-quality music)
- pacewar-1.3.zip — Pacewar 1.3
- pacewar-1.3-lq.zip — Pacewar 1.3 (low-quality music)
- pacewar-1.2.zip — Pacewar 1.2
- pacewar-1.2-ld.zip — Pacewar 1.2 (low-quality music)
- pacewar-1.1.zip — Version 1.1
- pacewar-1.1-ld.zip — Version 1.1 (low quality music)
- pacewar-1.0-ld.zip — The final version of Pacewar - LD version
- pacewar-1.0.zip — The final version of Pacewar - HD version
In Pacewar, there are two teams of ships. The two teams fight in a nebula. Each time a team wins, a meter moves towards that team's direction, and the other team gets more ships. The team that gets its meter filled on its side first wins the game.
So, what does this have to do with "one room"? Well, it's a technicality. I chose to define a "room" as the SGE Game Engine's definition, which is basically a single "location" in the game, kind of like the "rooms" in many adventure games, or levels. I only used one of the SGE's "rooms" in this game; even the main menu doesn't have its own separate room. The arena is also very room-like in that there are barriers at the edge.
Pacewar homepage (includes some post-Pyweek updates): http://pacewar.nongnu.org
- petraszd-one-room-rpg-0.1-win-exe.zip — Final Entry Windows EXE
- petraszd-one-room-rpg-0.1.zip — Final Entry
My mini game developed in one day.
Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7w_m37ZNUY
This game was inspired by "One Tap Quest" http://shimage.net/one-tap-quest/
An Adventure Stage Play by Daniel Pope.
You play a young trainee wizard named Goblit who is unexpectedly required to rise to new challenges.
This game was inspired by classic adventure games, but also took inspiration from single-set stage plays. Naturally, all of the action is set in one room.
- Deep Death Windows v2.zip — .exe for Windows. READ THE README! FILE
- Deep Death SC v2.zip — Source code for other OS's besides Windows. Information for what is needed is in the readme! file. This is also useable in Windows obviously.
- Deep Death Windows.zip — .exe for ease to play on windows. Read the README! file.
- Deep Death SC.zip — Source code (.py) for Linux/OSx/etc. You need to read the readme file for the dependencies required.
- room3.zip — Multiplatform p3d. Panda3D Runtime neede!
- wezu_room_pyweek19.zip — source code
- room3-1.0-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz — Linux 32bit .pkg.tar.gz
- room3-1.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz — Linux 64bit .pkg.tar.gz
- Room Cube PyWeek19 1.0.zip — Osx .pkg
- Room Cube PyWeek19 1.0.exe — Windows installer
In this game you are faced with the task to pair cubes of the same color. Once a cube of a given color is selected (you select id by walking into it) all the other cubes turn black, and you need to find some cubes that were the same color before they blacked-out.
Cubes can, and will be, on different sides of the game board (the board itself is a cube) and you will be given extra score (up to 6x more!) for pairing cubes on different sides.
Refer to the readme.txt for more info.
- joesfurnitureremovals-v1.zip — Final Game v1
- inca-game-0.0.2.tar.gz — The Game
- GetOut v03.zip — Get Out - Version 3
- forgotten-angel-v1.tgz — first final version
I ran out of time on this entry. It's terribly incomplete, and a bit buggy. There are a lot of rough edges and missing conveniences. If something doesn't make sense, please consult HINTS.txt.
The fleet is massing for a covert operation in the Sector of the Nine Angels, a cluster of nine stars with a long, complicated history. Suddenly, one of the Angels undergoes a catastrophic collapse, that destroys most of the fleet and cuts off communication throughout the sector. The surviving senior officer on board the fleet flagship Exelu reaches out to a stranger flying a small, one-room capsule. Together they must do everything possible to make it through the disaster and solve the mystery.