April 2009 challenge: “Get off my lawn”
- kettling-lite-0.1.tar.gz — Re-upload of lite version with readme file - needs a less beafy computer to run than normal version; requires panda 3D.
- kettling-0.1.tar.gz — Exactly the same as kettling.tar.gz, just with the addition of a readme.txt file I forgot. Still requires Panda 3D to run - windows users will be better off with the installer.
A protest simulation - you control the police in a simple (But deceptively tricky) RTS and kettle some protesters. Kettling is a term that reached prominence recently when used by the police at the G20 demonstrations in London - it refers to trapping a group of protesters in an area and not letting them leave, for any reason. The only way to leave early is to suffer a medical emergency, or suffer a medical emergency because you can't leave in the first place to get medicine.
- cat_mower-0.9-src.zip — Final submission - sorry, a bit late.
- cat_mower-src-0.7.zip — second demo - this may be my final submission
- catmower-0.1-src.zip — CatMower 0.2 src - requires Pyglet and Pymunk
- off-my-lawn.tar.gz — A very buggy Pyweek 8 game.
- ChessVsZombies-with-pyglet-0.1.zip — A version with pyglet packed in.
- ChessVsZombies-0.1.zip — Chess vs Zombies! A game done in around 10 hours.
Maybe next time I'll do something that's at the same time decent and not too big. Sorry for those expecting to play my game.
Looking forward to playing your games!
- surburbia-nan8-final-final.zip — MD5 hash: 7008867895fb95772ed86b9256cc3e8f
- surburbia-nan8-final.zip — Final sub: MD5 hash: 16dbd73eaa6e54c038d2a59fded070ec
- surburbia-nan8.zip — MD5 hash: fc41fef3f1af032447e0ab4f1167848d
- nan_playtest.tar.gz — First level playable - much polish to do - not final
- ip-saints-last-release.zip — Added instructions!
- ip-saints-third-release.zip — Unfortunately I ran out of time. It has been great participating on Pyweek #8, but think that my final release didn't quite make the point I was hoping to make. =P Basically this is some form of criticism to Copyright Maximalism.
- ip-saints-second-release.zip — Sound + Music + Better graphics
- ip-saints-bad-release.zip — This is here just in case the whole thing crashes near the deadline. I'm still working on the game.
The world is in chaos. Ruthless criminals are all over our internet stealing Intellectual Property.
Fortunately the noble God-appointed representatives of content creation summon Justice and its saints to defend the very future of innovation.
A mix of turn-based strategy with card games.
I messed up some of the instructions, so I decided to post this nice diagram here instead:
By the way, your cards are only refilled at the beginning of your turn. And you don't get rid a card unless you use it.
- rel4-final-pyweek-bugfix.zip — Final + bugfix!
- rel3-final-pyweek.zip — Final Final, still some balancing and art missing, but oh well...
- rel2.zip — Almost done!
- rel1.zip — First playable release!!!
- lawn-tftg-1.01-final.zip — PNG color space fixed
Tips to players:
Tip 1: Click on stars on the map to start missions.
Tip 2: If you only have 1 non-panicked kid left, restart the mission by pressing SHIFT-R. There's no penalty for retrying.
Tip 3: Distraction is key. The elderly turn towards sources of sound. Even if they heard something, another sound can divert their attention again.
Tip 4: Kids can move off the lawn while others can't.
(These links are for the post-competition version 1.5.)
- BenjaminButterbloom.zip — The Adventures of Benjamin Butterbloom
- AliensOnMyLawn-1.0.zip — Final version - all platforms
The game is going to be a top-down shooter. Gameplay will be simplistic, but fun. Hopefully the production value is pretty good, though.
- panspermia.zip — Final version
Game title: Panspermia.
You control the destiny of a race of plant-like creatures on a faraway world. As they reach the verge of self-awareness, they realize that their planet is dying and they must spread their vines throughout the cosmos to survive.
Or something like that.
- zk-5_lotd.zip — Final submission. Really.
You are Sir Grumpy McGrumpington, veteran of the Sheep Wars, and you just want to peacefully enjoy your retirement on your very own stone cottage near a village in Scottland. You are very proud of your superb lawn - you invested a lot of time into it and nobody else in Northern Scottland owns a better one. Maybe not even on the whole British Isles.
But sadly, your plans on peaceful retirement are futile. Something bad happened - Media reports an infection or something else - and everyone seems to turn into a flesh eating half dead half undead beast. You could care less, but just some moments ago those filthy monsters trespassed your lot and are now stomping and scuffling on your precious lawn!
So be it! Grab your old and trustworthy Winchester shotgun and show these undead rowdies what you think of their behaviour!
- outlawn-1.0.zip — final, includes pyglet
- outlawn-0.3.zip — final, except for not including pyglet
- outlawn-0.1.zip — work in progress
(Includes pyglet, and a pure-python physics engine -- no dependencies!)
- bgame-0.1.1c.zip — 0.1.1.c - renamed game.py to run_game.py and took out debugging tweaks
- bgame-0.1.1b.zip — whoops!
- bgame-0.1.1.zip —
- game-0.1.zip — submission 0.1
- rose-ninja-final-fixed.zip — Final Version -- Fixed Starting Level!
- rose-ninja-0.5-final.zip — The Final Submission -- Hope You Enjoy It!
- rose-ninja-0.4.zip — Now there are two levels!
- rose-ninja-0.3.zip — Now with level progression! Huzzah!
Get up to the minute updates on my progress on Twitter! =^..^=
Rose the Red Ninja was walking out in the grassy fields near her home in Japan, when a Blue Ninja appeared!
He laughed, and told Rose that she was on Lord Skygem's lawn, and that he wanted her off of it... At all costs!
Rose must fight her way through the Blue Ninja forces and finally defeat Lord Skygem, so that she can bring glory to her master, Lord Crimson!
Notes that weren't in the README:
Press E to pause
Press R to restart the level
(Note:You'll have to sit through the load screen again :-()
Press Q to quit
(Closing the window also works)
Done! Hope You Enjoy It!
Level One: Not much to say about it, mostly trying to get the hang of making levels. Came out okay, thought, so I kept it.
Level Two: Big vertical climb with enemies above. Also, lots of enemies at the end.
Level Three: You are immediately dropped in front of a large group of enemies, and must escape. Or fight them, if you're brave/crazy
And Then...: You have won the game! Bonzai!
Here's to never giving up hope! ^o^
My Wet Fog Flan
My New Flag Frog
My Wet Golf Fan
Elf Got My Fawn
My Waffle Tong
Weft My Flagon
Myna Weft Golf <-- Okay, this is it
That piece of yarn looks nice... it would make a great lining for a nest! But it's all strewn about... I'll have to roll it up before I can take it home...
- LawnFairy-Windows.zip — Lawn Fairy. Windows version (EXE file)
- LawnFairy-Multiplatform.zip — Multiplatform version with some minor bug fixes
- LawnFairy.zip — Lawn Fairy FINAL
- pesticide-r4-src.zip — final source for release
- Pesticide-r4-OSX.zip — Latest mac release
- Pesticide-r3-OSX.zip — Final release, OSX Binary
- pesticide-rel3-src.zip — Final release source
- Pesticide-r3-win32.zip — Final releast candidate!
- Pesticide-r2-OSX.zip — OSX Binary.
- pesticide-rel2-src.zip — Source.
- Pesticide-r2-win32.zip — 99% feature complete win32 binaries.
- bregma.zip — BREGMA! Is that you bregma?!?!
A philosophical game about life... Will Pragma be able to recover from the loss of her prized cat Bregma? Can she save her remaining kittens from the neighborhood children? Will her azalea bushes grow in this drought?!
Instructions for playing:
W-A-S-D: Moves Pragma Around
Left Mouse: Sprays hose
Spray 33% of the azalea bushes to start the game!!
- Ant_Navigation.zip — First and Final version of the non-game Ant Navigation. Fully interactive fun! Keep score in your head!
- 247donkeys_suburbia-0.9.zip — just in case final submission
We took the theme "Get Off My Lawn" and tried to dig deep into the mentality of the kind of person that would say such a thing - what is "Get off my lawn!" really about? It's about someone who is unhappy with his life and is taking it out on others. It's about trying to control that little rectangle you feel ownership over, amid forces that are ultimately beyond your control. It's about dissatisfaction. It's about aging. It's about ennui.
We found that it was pretty hard to make a game about ennui. But we consider it a success.
- spawnmower-0.1.4.2.zip — Everything is balanced now. Have fun to play!
- SpawnmowerLawnDefense.zip — FinalSubmission -> Installer will follow
|The Fly flap is good to attack a group of insects with its splash damage. It cannot attack air units.|
|The HoneyPot Tower has less damage than all the other towers. It slows down the creeps for a while. In the lesser levels enemies gets a health point bonus when they are attacked by the HoneyPot.|
|The Toad Tower is very effective against small insects. It can only attack one enemy at a time.|
|The Insecticide Tower is effective against groups of enemies. It causes a poison damage over time, if an enemy was hit.|
- The_unfortunate_undoing-1.0.2.zip — The Unfortunate Undoing 1.0.2 - "Live. Go to work. Live. Have a family or don't. Live. Let the could have beens haunt you. Live. A pseudo-adventure rumination on life."
- The_unfortunate_undoing-1.0.1.zip — The Unfortunate Undoing 1.0 - "Live. Go to work. Live. Have a family or don't. Live. Let the could have beens haunt you. Live. A pseudo-adventure rumination on life."
- The_unfortunate_undoing-1.0.zip — The Unfortunate Undoing 1.0 - "Live. Go to work. Live. Have a family or don't. Live. Let the could have beens haunt you. Live. A pseudo-adventure rumination on life."
Live. Go to work. Live. Have a family or don't. Live. Let the could have beens haunt you. Live. A pseudo-adventure rumination on life.
- aiamsori-exe-windows.zip — windows executable
- aiamsori-1.01.zip — multiplatform bugfixing release
- aiamsori-1.0.zip — final release
- W -> move forward
- A -> move back
- SPACE -> attack
- Mouse motion -> orientate your character
- Mouse Click -> select a relative and designate his/her location
You can fight the zombies with your bare hands but when doing so you will receive damage from their attacks so it's best to use the shotgun which will spawn somewhere in the house at the begining of the game for you to pick up.Life and ammo
From time to time medkits and food will spawn in the house as well as ammo for your shotgun. You can send a member of your family to pick up life if they are damaged or you can pick them yourself. If you send a relative to pick ammo, you will need to touch him/her in order to get it.Tips
You can move your family by clicking on them and setting a destination, you will find that some areas are strategically better than others. Keep in mind that they will panic if you move too far from them.
It's a good idea to try to pick up as much ammo as you can all the time... you will need it!
The game ends if you die or if all the members of your family die.
That's it folks. Enjoy and let us know how much time you lasted!
- glitch-8-050217.zip — A couple graphics tweaks, won't crash if you don't have mp3 support
- glitch-8-050214.zip — Some balance changes and helpful tweaks added
- glitch-8-050213.zip — A somewhat improved version
- glitch-8-050121.zip — Semi-complete, 5/1 21:00
A bastardized, crappy Tower Defense game, combined with the world's most unoriginal interpretation of the theme. Awesome!
Make sure to check the README for instructions.
I can has naptime now?
- LAWn_Enforcer-1.0.zip — Final version! :)
- LAWn_Enforcer-0.9.zip — Highscore now works! and saves your score, and thats the last critical feature, now for some polish...
- LAWn_Enforcer-0.8.zip — A bit smarter enemy type, 2 levels, a menu, and instructions in-game...
- LAWn_Enforcer-0.7.zip — Playable first version! need menu, and levels, and sounds, and stuff...