Ratings (show detail)
Grinding the wall
Hopefully this is the final version.
Pillars and stuff!
Collisions, Position deformation and constraint inside terrain cage
Imperium fighter in the ethercage
Imperium: Tux Final Entry
Bam! I think I'm done.
Even seems to run on my poorly 1Ghz Mac laptop.
You can download the game here imptux-final.zip
Looks like everything is coming together I guess, pretty much lost any sense of objectivity. Can't tell what is hard, what is easy. Need a nap, but no time for that sort of carry on. Am pretty happy with everything. Friend came over and gave me the music he put together. I have added some sounds also. They are a good fit. Pretty happy with how my capital ship looks. Finally got the 'rail slide' grind effect in. Yay. All systems go.
Zoom zoom zoom.
Well, it'll be a race to the finish line. A lot of unknowns still standing before me. My lack of experience with pyglet is has really been slapping me around the face. Changed my object importer a bit, made a couple of new graphics. Fixed a few things. Generally fiddled around with things (tm).
Am still pretty optimistic about getting this game to a playable state for the end. Sleeping now even though I don't have to work tomorrow, hopefully that'll avoid any burnout tomorrow. A friend said he will look at making me some music, provided him with a number of songs to use as a guide, am fairly excited to see what he will produce. Found a free-for-personal-use font, have contacted the author, hopefully everything is good with that.
Well, made some pretty good progress today. Now have collision detection, position deformation and constraint inside terrain cage. Some less visible stuff like startup library version checking, more tweaks to the render loop and integration of piman's GProfiler tool.
Not really sure what I should work on next. Probably work on the terrain a bit more or add some life to the vehicles. Not sure what to do about enemy AI and combat, this may turn out to be very dull in some regards =)
End of day 3. Feeling tired and a little demoralised.
End of day 2. Feeling more optimistic than yesterday.
(accidentally posted this in the wrong section sorry.)
Well, day 2 has ended for me. Feeling more optimistic than I was yesterday.
Have quite a few problems already but am pretending not to notice them. The only way is forward...whichever axis that is along :-\. I need to improve my OBJ exporter as right now I'm sure I'm drawing far too many lines in a far too inefficient manner. I also need to figure out how to get some animations happening. I am going to need some art help but am not sure how to go about that just yet, I am also very apprehensive about how slow any particle effects are actually going to be.
I set up a repository here: http://code.google.com/p/imptux/
and here is my first real screenshot:
praise the lords of python \m/