April 2013 challenge: “nemesis”
To play the games listed here, you may need to install Python (typically 2.5+). PyGame, pyglet or PyOpenGL. See the game's README file for specific requirements. Windows or OS X users downloading the versions of games specific to them shouldn't need to install anything.
- lastthing_pyweek16.zip — Final submission. Requires python 2.7, pygame and pybox2d to run. (30.85 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- warlocks-1.0.0.zip — Warlocks 1.0.0 (14.59 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
Under a starry sky, two wizards meet to settle an age-old rivalry.
Please read the instructions carefully before playing; you won't get the right results from the lepton particle library if you don't.
Disclosure: This game builds on an unfinished scenegraph library I built before the competition by cobbling together freely-available code from the web, for things like model loading and compiling shaders. That library was published in the discussion boards more than 30 days before the competition but was not documented.
- bane_pyweek_16_windows_kivy.zip — Windows zip file (kivy included) (47.98 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- bane_pyweek_16.zip — zip file for android (kivy launcher) (1.59 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- bane_pyweek_16.tar.bz2 — Linux tarball (3.76 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
Yet again. that annoying superhero has found and destroyed your secret lair.
This time, you were prepared. Your trusty servant, Igor, has laid out a cunning maze leading to a secret underwater submarine that will allow you to flee without being caught.
Of course, it would have been better if Igor had managed to get the map to you before things got compilcated, but the lack of a map is but a minor setback.
Git repo: here
This requires pygame 1.9.1 and kivy 1.6.0
The android zip file works with the kivy launcher - available here. It doesn't include the level editor, as I never tested it on android and it will likely break
The windows zip file is an all-in-one bundle including kviy. It should be enough to just unzip it and run the included bat file, although this has only been lightly tested.
- Paths of Rhamnous.zip — Not yet compiled final version, requires Panda3D (1.7.2) (238.39 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- pyweek_final_submission_2_20_pm.zip — Had a few minor errors missing in documentation corrected. Hope you enjoy to everyone evaluating this (390.07 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- final submission_real.zip — Final submission when you kill the big enemy in room #7 you win, didnt have time to do an ending screen, but hope you guys like it (397.97 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- Pygys_slaughterhouse_escape_4_20_1_25_pm.zip — Pig escapes his nemesis the Forman of the Slaughter house follow the adventures of this brave little pig in his great escape. (397.92 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- final submission.zip — Final submission as zip (397.65 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- final submission_11_35_am.rar — Final submission hope to add wall collision for rooms 2-7 still and resubmit this but will work if its not quite right (389.59 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- final submission_4_20_10_02_am.rar — Final submission, hope to do one later today with collision fixed on map 2-7 and debugging why bullets are not connecting with the player before contest conclusion (382.12 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- seagull_exe.zip — An executable version for if you don't have Python (11.75 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- seagull.zip — Latest version, as a zip (2.60 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- nemesis_card-1.0pre.zip — pre-release version (378.46 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
This is a resource/crafting card game for one player. Gather resources, craft them into tools, gain achievements.
But hidden in the pack are Nemesis Cards. If you draw one before you have gained the achievement which counters it, your civilisation is destroyed and you lose.
- nvsn-1.2.tar.gz — Fixed loading on Windows, just sources and data. (5.80 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- nvsn-1.2.zip — Fixed loading on Windows, bundles pyglet and avbin. (7.95 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- nvsn-1.1.zip — zip archive (5.81 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- nvsn-1.1.tar.gz — tar.gz archive (5.80 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- nvsn-1.0.tar.gz — Phew (5.80 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- nvsn-1.0.zip — Phew (5.81 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- avidus_0.70 final.zip — Avidus 0.70 Final (8.50 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- avidus_0.68_final.zip — Avidus 0.68 Final (8.51 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- avidus_0.65_final.zip — Avidus 0.65 Final 1 (6.93 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- WebWars-Final-4.zip — oops took out location numbers (323.79 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- WebWars-Final-3.zip — backgrounds (323.79 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- WebWars-Final-2.zip — some bug fixes (99.73 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- WebWars-Final-1.zip — No backgrounds, stupid AI (99.99 Kbytes on 2013/04/20)
- daftpyweek16FINAL.zip — Final build. (1.01 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- forscience-final2.zip — Final version (2 release) (2.31 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
Dr X and his arch-enemy Dr Z have competed for world domination over the years, until now. It's time to find out who's the Master Evil Genius. For science!
Note: although I've only marked a ZIP as final (to be included in the torrent), there are tar.gz and Windows binary bundles on the entry page!
Final gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXhaOAJa1uw
Post compo updates: For Science!
- final_build.zip — Final Build, Basically a Tech Demo (3.12 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- penelope_py16.zip — Final Submission(ZIP) (26.57 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- SDCK3000-1.zip — Final final submission (1.98 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- Erebus v2.zip — Maybe this will have more redeeming value. (1.58 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- Erebus.zip — Preemptive. Incomplete. Dissatisfied. Hoping for the best. (1.58 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- GalacticLego - Source - Final.zip — Final game package (9.85 Kbytes on 2013/04/21)
- PW16 - Nemesis_1.0.zip — that's all (8.77 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
Try to find Muses' elements by exploring the map with Nemesis.
Once you have at least one element from group A (left side) and one from group B (right side), you may combine them in order to activate a special action.
If you collect all the elements you can reach the final room and meet...
You may also try to free all Athena's Owls.
- spacerotate.tar.gz — final version (2.61 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- the-sea-of-good-and-bad-1.1.zip — Source bundle, now with voice acting (58.73 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- nemesis_code 1.2.zip — Final submission (2.20 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- octo-nemesis_1_0.zip — Entry v1.0 (5.70 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- octo-nemisis_0_1.zip — Entry v0.1 (5.28 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
After some consideration, the worlds governments have agreed to pool their resources and send you, the hero, to put a stop to it...
- Supersymmetry-0.3.zip — Supersymmetry 0.3 (3.09 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- Supersymmetry-0.2.zip — Supersymmetry 0.2 (3.06 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
- Supersymmetry-0.1.zip — Supersymmetry 0.1 (3.03 Mbytes on 2013/04/19)
What's the next big thing after the Large Hadron Collider? Answer: The North European Massively Enormous Synchrotron for Investigating Supersymmetry.
Over 30 times as powerful as the LHC, this behemoth sprawled across Europe will help find all the new particles predicted by the theory of supersymmetry.
But you won't get funding to build it all at once. Start small, produce a particle or two to show for your efforts, and maybe you'll get some more funds to make it bigger...
- mobius7.zip — Final Version (7.83 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
Möbius is seeking revenge against his old nemesis: humans.
It's mainly 2 player game, but it can also be played in 1 player mode.
It requires python 2.7 and pygame 1.9 (possibly less, we haven't tested it yet)
Any feedback will be welcome.
- last-will-v1.zip — First final version. (4.75 Mbytes on 2013/04/20)
Last Will of the Emtar
In the far reaches of space, an amazing discovery is made: a space station constructed by the Emtar, a powerful and legendary race of aliens. It was thought that all their technology was mysteriously destroyed after the War Between the Stars 500,000 years ago. This discovery could shift the balance of power in the galaxy.
But the station is not yet operational. Go there, learn to harness the technology of the Emtar, and perhaps learn what happened to the Emtar themselves.
This is an online multiplayer tile placement tower defense game. If you have trouble, please read README.txt.
"Where's the nemesis?" you ask. I interpreted the theme abstractly: the game is about opposing forces. The fundamental mechanic of color mismatching was directly inspired by the theme. Check out my diary for more.
- aeon_win32.exe — Final installer for Windows. Recommended for Windows users. (41.62 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- aeon.zip — Final source code. (46.43 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- aeon_1.0_amd64.deb — Installer for 64-bits Debian/Ubuntu Linux (52.06 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- aeon_1.0_i386.deb — Installer for 32-bits Debian/Ubuntu Linux (50.01 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- aeon_app_osx_i386.zip — Application bundle for Intel Macs (42.32 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- aeon_app_osx_ppc.zip — Application bundle for PowerPC Macs (38.54 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
Enter the sanctum of a long-guarded secret power. The architecture has worn and failed in several places, but the traps are still quite deadly and fully operational. Venture forth to learn the secrets of the chambers nestled deeper within and learn about the elusive Arcanum Essentia.
In this demo of "Arcanum Essentia Obscurata: Nemesis", experience the game's basic mechanics and explore the halls leading deeper into the sanctum. Navigate over fallen architecture, solve puzzles, and exploit the environment to proceed.
Please ensure that your video drivers are up to date. For the least hassle, using the installer given for your platform is highly recommended.
- super_shop_qf1.zip — fixed an embarassing bug in the credits where the background didn't clear if you played the game first before viewing the credits. (7.39 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- super_shop.zip — Super Shop (7.39 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
- PythonOnRails.zip — Python On Rails (4.62 Mbytes on 2013/04/21)
Journey into Lord Ruby's secret lair to discover the secrets to his great success .
includes pyglet, works on Mac, Windows and Linux
- FourSquared-1.0.zip — Final version. Now with version number (and bugfix). (5.55 Mbytes on 2013/04/19)
- FourSquared.zip — First and likely final version. (5.55 Mbytes on 2013/04/19)