PyWeek 30 challenge: “Castaway”
- tide-summoner-v1.tgz — First final entry
Adrift on the ocean, you find yourself among a mysterious archipelago of small islands. Fortunately your boat still works, but you'll soon discover that leaving this place is not as easy as it seems.
Escape the Room style puzzle game, inspired by that classic genre of Flash games, particularly Archipelago and The Dark Room by Jonathan May. If you've played these games, you know there's a good chance of becoming hopelessly stuck. See the README for how to access hints.
The save feature is broken, sorry!
Controls with keyboard. Requires PyGame and PyOpenGL.
- Marooned_v1.2-final.zip — Fixed Linux compatibility
- Marooned_v1.1-final.zip — v1.1: Bug fix
- Marooned_v1.0-final.zip — Marooned! v1.0-final
- Space_Savior_PYTHON_2.zip — Space Savior [PYTHON 2 VERSION]
- Space_Savior_PYHTON_3.zip — Space Savior [PYTHON 3 VERSION]
- LonelyTimmy.zip — LonelyTimmy - The final version
- casted_away.zip — Final Submission
git clone https://github.com/0Nikola0/dunder-mifflin
Install requirements (in virtualenv if you like)
pip install -r requirements.txt
python -m virtualenv venv
pip install -r requirements.txt
- goataway.zip — the game
speedlimit35's pyweek30 Theme: castaway (+ goats)
must have python3 and pygame to run
To play game: python3 main.py
press space to interact
HOLD arrow keys to move
and don't move in another direction when on the edge
Glitches to watch out for when playing -might have to press space multiple times when trying to interact with goats (or other things) -if you walk on the edge of the wall and cross the borders, you will be teleported some where really far away and the player glitches out. If this happens, you will have to restart the game.
music by me art by me code by me goat sound effects by Mike Koenig and Blastwavefx.com
- throwaways-source.zip — Final submission
A small survival game with the theme Castaway.
Running the game :
You can use pipenv to run the game with the following commands:
pipenv install pipenv run game
Alternatively, you can run pip inside a virtual environment of your choice to install the dependencies:
pip install -r requirements.txt python run_game.py
W, A, S, D - to move
Left Mouse Button - to do primary action
Right Mouse Button - to do secondary action
E - to destroy trees and stone
Oar Tool - Primary to steer the ship, Secondary to slow down the ship
Build Tool - Primary to add blocks, Secondary to remove
Ship Tool - Primary to add ship blocks, Secondary to remove
- Citadel_Spire.zip — Source distribution
All of the art/assets were created during the week using the following tools:
- Aseprite (base sprites and animation)
- GIMP (Final texture atlas)
- Tiled (Mapping)
within the folder containing main.py
python -m http.server
You can then open any browser to run it. (http://localhost:8000/)
I developed it using firefox. I tested it on a low-power chromebook. It should run just about anywhere.
The game itself is a non-combat adventure game, but with the ability to die if you get hit too much.
You are a prisoner cast away to an island where there is a mysterious temple. Your goal will be to escape.
- Dark_Land.zip — Though I thought I would work in a team but ended up doing all alone. I spent 2hrs daily to create this small game. You can consider this as my first game and i am quite happy that atleast I have completed it. In future games I would use oops also.
Hello there, It seems like pyweek would be fun thats why I as an Individual joining it and would create a simple and small game as this would be my first game. I would first learn a game developing python library in order to get started. Hope this would fun tournament and I will end creating something.
Alone in the sea - castaway surviving
You are trapped in the center of the ocean because of a ship wreck. Find ways to reach for help!
An Easter egg can be found on the top right island :D
- Game length: 20min
- Walkthrough video: Youtube walkthrough
The same set of instructions is also in game, you can check it by clicking the bottom right question mark.
Clicking on the question mark will pause the game, a very detailed instruction for the current objective can also be viewed by pressing [M]
- [M] for map and additional hints for the objective
- [C] for crafting, left click on a workbench for advanced crafting
- [P] to open backpack, you can left click to move items
- [A][W][S][D] to move your character
- [B] to start building the raft, you can only build raft while you are on it
- Left click on plants to harvest them
- Left click the furnace with iron ore will get you iron
- Left click while holding food will eat the food, while holding sapling or melon seed will plant it, while holding workbench, bucket, soil or furnace will place it.
- Left click the objects on islands will collect it, for some objects you will need to hold a specific tool to collect them.
- You lose the game when hunger or water reaches 0, the hunger and water bar are set to diminish at a very slow speed to give extra time for the player to get used to the controls.
- obbo-1.0.0-built.zip — Source distribution with pre-built assets
- PyWeek.zip — Game Files
The Grape Island. in there you will need to grow grapes to survive.
With your trusty shovel and funnel, nothing stands between you, and the grapes.
- MASA-01-cast_away_robot-1.2.1-src.zip — the final source file
- SOURCE which is runnable but requires a pip install to get going
- WIN which is the windows executable, unzip and run the exe inside
- castaway.zip — And after all that I nearly forgot to add a requirement
- castaway.zip — The final game, gosh we almost didn't finish on time. So pleased for the extra productive day that comes right before a deadline
> Thanks for looking at our page, and may the best team win, and may we come second!> Good luck 🎉
- castaway_v1.zip — windows build
Are you alone?
How to run on Windows:
Extract the zip file and double click castaway.bat.
If doesn't work, you can open log.txt to see of there are any errors or try the alternative method below.
How to run on Linux by running the non-packaged version:
Requires Python 3.7 or higher and ursina.
1) Install the most recent version of ursina with "pip install https://github.com/pokepetter/ursina/archive/master.zip"
2) Clone or download the game's repo with "git clone https://github.com/pokepetter/pyweek_28_castaway.git --depth=1"
3) Move into the game's directory and run main.py with "python main.py"
If you get stuck inside geometry:
Press Ctrl+R to reset the player position.
- alasala.zip — Submission!
Our heroes find themselves scattered across a tropical island. They are beset by mirages that want them to stay forever. Will they be able to make it deep into the heart of the evil forest and unravel the spell that binds the island?
A hero collecting game with automatic battles.
- SoulTown_v.1.zip — Finaly game is here
- cast_X_space_v1.0.zip — The final submission for our team of Cast X Space! Check README for more information!
A bunch of amateur programmers doing our first PyWeek!
Here's are entry to PyWeek 30, A Castaway, into Space [Cast x Space] game!
A tower defense game where you have to keep yourself alive trapped in cyberspace.
Backstory:In the year 2021, There was a freak accident at the hadron collider research facility In Bern, Switzerland. Millions of dollars of research equipment were vaporized, along with several tragic deaths. In the following months, a series of odd and disturbing events at the facility caused ripples of alarm through NATO security group. Security experts believed at first that Russian internet forces had hacked into the system, causing the damage.
High level facility personnel began receiving emails over secure channels. Many using the credentials of the workers who were killed. Suspecting a malware attack cyber security experts began deploying electronic countermeasures, including a series of anti-virus packets.
The emails continued to arrive, with cryptic and impossible messages. Slowly a small group of individuals began to believe that their fallen colleagues were not dead. They were lost... lost in cyberspace.
- Pyweek-30-The-Island.zip — The compressed zip
- README.md — README.md, containing game instructions
- main.py — The main.py
- spider-island.zip — Final ZIP file of the game
- marooned_pyweek30_v1.1.zip — Source Version, final upload (fixed broken save system)
- marooned_pyweek30.zip — Source Version, first upload
The Animalia is forced to self-destruct after one of it's more dangerous specemins gets loose: you manage to eject from the ship before it explodes, but find yourself marooned in a nearby asteroid field. As a castaway on a strange asteroid, you'll need to make good use of the debris you can find around you to survive and get you escape pod space-worthy again. Watch out however, as you may not be alone ...
Requires pygame, numpy and PyOpenGL.
- Islanders-master.zip — Instructions to run - unzip and run main.py
Lead by Maple Maelstrom
This is a private team that is made by and for Canadians.
I am Maple Maelstrom, leader of team Maple. I am 17 years old. I have coded since grade 5, but only started using python last year for my grade 11 computer science course. There I created my first game that was 100% my own, using pygame. Since then, I have loved the python coding language.
Islanders is a randomized puzzle based speedrun game, where you must collect 4 randomly generated trees, craft them into a boat, and sail off the dock. Caves can be used to travel faster, and there is a timer that records how long you took. Compete against friends, or against yourself, to try and be the fastest at beating this game!
Timmy loved his overalls. Timmy loved them so much that he spent a lot of money on them, and it all took a turn for the worst when Timmy's family started getting angry. They would take his money to make him spend less on overalls, but it just made him spend less on food. So to teach him a lesson, they left him out at sea with just him and his overalls. Will Timmy be able to escape the island, and go back home to his overalls? Or will he starve to death on this island? Let's find out.
Please download all files required to run this submission here: https://github.com/ThisIsanAlt/Islanders/releases/tag/v0.1-betaThe game will not run without the files in the link above. Please download all files first before running.