August 2010 challenge: “Caught”
- prismbreak-win32-lin32-keypad.zip — Oops forgot to change controls to keypad.
- prismbreak-win32-lin32.zip — Only Win32 and Lin32 (sorry!)
Enjoy playing my "Davide Rules".Looks like a playground game, where all the guys except you are eye patched.
So you have to say commands making them catch themselves.
- suspended-sentence-1.0.1.zip — Suspended Sentence Windows Zipfile
- suspended-sentence-1.0.1.dmg — Suspended Sentence Mac OS bundle
- suspended-sentence-1.0.1.tgz — Suspended Sentence Unix tarball
- walkthrough.rst — Walkthough (RST Text)
- suspended-sentence-1.0.0.zip — Suspended Sentence Windows Zipfile
- suspended-sentence-1.0.0.dmg — Suspended Sentence Mac OS bundle
- suspended-sentence-1.0.0.tgz — Suspended Sentence Unix tarball
- cubemaze-src-r106.zip — Final, but it isn't really a game yet. Wander a maze in eternal torment!
self.last_position = Nonewith
self.last_position = (99,99,99)SORRY!
You have been CAUGHT! Can you escape from this fiendish trandimensional puzzle space?
W A S D - forward left right back
Up Down - (not finished.)
Escape - exit
Most ideas are unfinished. It's pretty much just a cube moving around a 3D maze, with some funky music. :-(
- chaobill.zip — Final version
- Lantern Defender.zip — You are a spider adnd defend a lantern from incoming moths
You are a spider, sitting in a net around a lantern. There are moths approaching for the lantern and you have to stop them. Otherwise the lantern would become darker with each moth hitting it. So stun the moths by shooting them, run to them and catch them. You earn XP with each catched moth and spendyour XP in a shop to upgrade your spider.
- thecatcherinthestrife.zip — Hopefully I got this right. Got no time to test bye
- Pyweek 11_draft7.zip — Like draft 6, but with less revolting graphics
- Pyweek 11_draft6.zip — It is starting to resemble a game!
- pink_elephant-1.2.zip — With a glorious victory song!
- pink_elephant-1.1.1.zip — Now with one less crash.
- pink_elephant-1.1.zip — Now with sound effects!
Your wife has been captured by cannibals! Trample your way through the jungle as a one-elephant rescue mission and as with all of this PyWeek's entries — do not get caught!
You need a keyboard to play this game. If you don't have one you can still watch a video of the game to get a taste.
- Most Wanted Hipsters 0.3.zip — Has a readme now.
- Most Wanted Hipser 0.2.zip — It plays!
- Most Wanted Hipster 0.1.zip — Fully Playable (hopefully)
The game is comprised of several levels where the goal is to traverse the required miles while keeping as many hipsters from being arrested as possible.
Each level begins with a "place marker" phase. In this phase, you have to click on an intersection and drag the direction you want all hipsters to go when they reach the intersection. These markers affect all hipsters except for yourself. When you are done, you can press 'Space'
The game phase then begins. In this phase, you can control your lead hipster. Use your arrow keys to lead him around the city. If he passes by hipsters, they will start to follow him.
Lead your hipsters in their ride to spread their message without being caught by the cops!
Captain Bernard has lost his sailors at the bottom of the sea and he's throwing them liferings to save them.
You are Flapper the Friendly Dolphin and you have to help Bernard by catching the liferings to take them to his sailors.
Use SPACE to swim faster and the LEFT/RIGHT keys to turn. The trick is to swim horizontally for a bit to pick up speed and then turn to jump out of the water to catch the rings.
- Himalia-10-final.zip — Final version of Himalia
- Exception_Uncaught_1.4.zip — Exception Uncaught 1.4
- Exception_Uncaught_1.1beta.zip — Exception Uncaught 1.1 beta
- Exception_Uncaught_1.0beta.zip — Exception Uncaught 1.0 beta
- ShackledStones_hotfix2.zip — Another minor fix. There was an invisible tile in the way of getting into the last room of the game and we didn't discover it until just now when we played through the game end-to-end.
- ShackledStones_hotfix.zip — There were a few minor issues we discovered after we submitted that caused the game to be unplayable after the 2nd temple. This should resolve those. Since this game does take a LONG time to play, we may have to do another hotfix later.
- ShackledStones.zip — Submission
- zK8_ghostcat-linuxfix.zip — This version should avoid some linux-related problems with line-endings. *blush*
- zk8_ghostcat-WIN.zip — Windows version.
- zK8_ghostcat.zip — Final submission. ^^
- trident-escape-1.0-source.tar.gz — Final release