August 2015 challenge: “Data data data”
- Programmable war.zip — Game
- kill-the-tweets.tar.gz — the final build if you cannot use github
Edit: Right now is easier to play the game but it still require to do some manual work:
- fetch the code from https://github.com/fpischedda/yaff
- install dependencies with pip install -r requirements.txt
- move to pyweek20 directory and run the main.py
- hopefuly it will work :)
- clone the repo at https://github.com/fpischedda/pywek20_tweet_feed and follow instructions, this project will provide the data for the game
- clone the repo https://github.com/fpischedda/yaff this contains the actual game code in pyweek20 directory
- run the data feed "daemon"
- run the game, press space to skip the splash screen, use A-S keys to move left or right, press W to jump
the game is unfinished as of now but at this point is the best I've done so far for a PyWeek :D
- NotYourData-20.zip — Fixed some leftovers from the skellington template. Also removed the generation of some debug images that were generated. Didn't change anything in the actual game.
- gameowfication-20.zip — Final submission
You're a jumping ball and you've got a (data)base to protect.
But're not that defenseless... you shoot homing missiles.
There are data blocks scattered throughout the map which you need to collect, just follow the beacons. But don't get too distracted! The Leechers will try to rob your data, and you need to stop them.
When you collect 100% of the data blocks you complete the level.
However, if they manage to steal 50% of the data you've collected, you lose.
- Dataroll 1.01.exe — Windows Installer
- dataroll_p3d.zip — P3D multiplatform version, needs the Panda3D runtime!
- dataroll_wezu.zip — source code, need panda3d
- DataBlasters-DRummb0ID-pyweek20-final-1.1.zip — Final entry 1.1
- DataBlasters-DRummb0ID-pyweek20-final-1.0.zip — Final entry 1.0
- igikikat-gribrod.0.5.zip — as brod as kik can possibly igikat
You have been marooned on an alien space station, and swindled into playing cards with the locals in the spaceport bar. Gather enough ``data'' to figure out the game and win at igikikat gribrod.
This is a source only entry and requires Python 2.7 and Pygame. Thanks for playing!
- Wikipedia1942-master4.zip — RC4 - Black boxes fixed on Windows
- Wikipedia1942-master.zip — Release Candidate
pygame (latest version)
wikipedia (included in the source code, otherwise pip install wikipedia)
Hitler invaded Wikipedia!
You must defeat him and make Wikipedia free again!
This game is inspired by the Hitler Wikipedia game.
When the game start, a random page from Wikipedia will be generated.
All the links on this page will appear as gems in the game.
By collecting gems, you can warp to these pages.
You must collect gems and warp to other Wikipedia pages until you reach the Hitler page.
This is where Hitler is hiding. Find him and defeat him.
Hit space or left-click to shoot bullets.
Hit Esc. to make the Warp zone appear.
You start the game with 10 HP.
Everytime you take a hit, you lose 1 HP.
If you finish a level (no gems left), you will recover all your life.
You can warp to another page anytime during the game by pressing Esc.
However, if you do so you won't recover your life.
If you drop to 0 HP, it's Game Over.
Gathering gems will allow you to use power-ups.
Right-click to activate the power-up shown in the lower-left corner.
You must collect 10 gems to get a power-up.
The power-up will appear in the lower-left corner.
Power-ups are associated with gem colors.
If you don't use your power and collect another gem, the power-up will change to the last color you collected.
Green: Activate a shield that last for 3 minutes. If you take a hit, the shield will absorb it.
Blue: Increase the power of your gun for 30 seconds.
Yellow: Increase your agility for 60 seconds.
Grey: Activate a gem magnet for 60 seconds. The gems will fly in your direction when you get close.
Red : Regenerate 3 HP.
- invisipin_with_pymunk.zip — invisipin. Final entry. Contains pymunk packaged for convenience.
- invisipin.zip — invisipin. Final entry.
A pachinko-like puzzle game. Play some balls and watch their movement carefully (i.e. collect data) to reconstruct the board!
Requires pygame and pymunk. One of the files contains pymunk packaged for convenience.
- nexus-1.0-exe.zip — Nexus (Windows executable)
- nexus-1.0-exe.tar.gz — Nexus (Linux executable)
- nexus-1.0.zip — Nexus (Source)
Protect the integrity of the Nexus by maintaining data flow through the node network.
The program source requires Python 2.7 and Pygame 1.9.1. Linux and Windows executables packaged with dependencies are provided.
- BitstreamManipulators-0.0.3.tar.gz — Slight bug fix and minor graphics update
- BitstreamManipulators-0.0.2.tar.gz — My game with fixed README.txt file
- BitstreamManipulators-0.0.1.tar.gz — My completed game
- nav_the_data.zip — Well, this game sucks. :D
A game about navigating an environment which you cannot fully see. I figured I might as well try to use that Data Visualization course knowledge to something.
You're most likely gonna hate it. :)
The in-progress source code of the game can be viewed here.
- hackerman-final.zip — another little bug fixed, i dont add code just fix what is broken
- hackerman-path2.zip — one level missing
- hackerman-pacth1.zip — Fix some bugs on the gameplay
- hackerman.zip — OMG
- beyond-the-horizon-win.zip — Windows executable
If you have any issues with sound (dialog or music), please try the wav version. You are discouraged from playing this game without sound.
The Alexandria array, a set of spaceborne data cores carrying the combined cultural wisdom of a faraway civilization, has gone missing. Their trajectory brought them right to the Charybdis anomaly, from which only data can escape. Someone willing to recover the lost data would have to be willing to become data themselves....
- godel v0.3.zip — v0.3 - final version (fixed case sensitive file)
- godel v0.2.zip — v0.2 - final version
The world has been decimated. A rogue nation launched a bio-bomb into the upper atmosphere releasing a pathogen into the world's water supply. Within weeks cities were deserted, people dying within 3 days of infection.
You are in a small group of survivors. You must distribute the remaining water amongst your group. You don't have enough water for all to survive.
Use the data available to you to decide who gets water and who doesn't.
The game can be played only once, so choose wisely.
Requires python3 and pygame
There are two known issues, let me know if you find more