Ratings (show detail)
P3D multiplatform version, needs the Panda3D runtime!
source code, need panda3d
'Yes' if (Late < Never) else 'No'
So I've just uploaded my game. I know it's a bit late, but I was off- line all this week and I only got the theme on last Monday via a stationary phone (you know the ones in the Dr Who style boxes, where you need to insert a coin...?). I hope everyone is ok with that, there was no coding done today, apart from a small path that I needed to do, to be able to pack the game using standard Panda3D tools
Since I didn't do any diary entries this time - me being offline - I'll just past here a short version of my dev log
- Did nothing, had no theme, didn't even know it was day 1 (different time zone)
- Got the theme, after a short brain storm (both the brain and the storm kind of short) I decided I want to make a sort of racing game with Wipeout as a rolemodel. I wanted to use Bullet for physique, but the car driving model didn't quite work for me, so I used a simple ball as a temporary vehicle and it stayed that way
- Made sounds and powerup icons, organized the code a bit, I found out I don't have a working exporter so most of the day was struggling with the model pipeline
- Still trying to get the models into the game, the pipeline is modeling package->obj->egg->hand edit->bam->egg->hand edit->egg-trans->hand edit. It's a pain
- Didn't like the track model I made, had to make a new one
- Did nothing
- Improving the gamplay, choosing the music, making a gui
- Packing the game