PyWeek 22 challenge: “You can't let him in here”
- Super-Wicked-Sick-Nasty-Radical-Guitar-Game.zip — WE MADE IT! PLAY BAD MUSIC AND DONT LET THEM IN!!!!
We've never coded in Python. Literally just trying to get into university. #shootyourshot
- pyweek22.zip — FINAL
- beneath_the_ice_pyweek22.zip — Final Game
Part 1 of 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY6DDSMUSRo
Part 2 of 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X_fmx_tCp4
- Breach-1.0.zip — Breach. Final version.
You wake up with one purpose in your newly born mind: to protect home. But you did not expect everything to be so quiet and empty. What is going on? A top-down bit-flipping puzzle game, set in the depths of an AI.
In celebration of my 20th Pyweek submission (10+ years!), I put in more effort than usual for this one. I hope you enjoy! :)
- ripple.zip — Ripple source
- tabakrolletjie-v1.0.0.tar.gz — Space Turnips - Source Tarball. Version: 1.0.0
- tabakrolletjie-v1.0.0.zip — Space Turnips - Source Zip. Version: 1.0.0
- tabakrolletjie-1.0.0.exe — Windows py2exe build
Enter the exciting life of the modern space contract farmer.
Swell with pride as you grow valuable exotic produce vital for the modern economy.
Marvel at the tools you have available to manage your resources.
Thrill as you defeat the ever-present alien threat.
(Long term effectiveness of treatments is not assured. Contract holder is solely responsible for growing enough produce to satisfy market demand. We disclaim all responsiblity for damage due to moulds or other fungi.)Attack of the Giant Space Mould requires a recent pygame 1.9.2 alpha release and pymunk 5.0.0
- dr-zomes-laboratory-v3.tgz — Final submission v3
- dr-zomes-laboratory-v2.tgz — Final entry v2
- dr-zomes-laboratory-v1.tgz — first final submission
Tower defense with some physics elements, set in a petri dish. Cell tower defense. Get it? Get it?
Please see README.txt for useful command-line flags that let you set fullscreen mode, window resolution, high-contrast color mode, and effect levels.
See our entry page for strategy, tips, and discussion.
- Coulrophobia 1-4.zip — Last upload (fairly confident)
- Coulrophobia 1-3.zip — More bugfixes
- Coulrophobia 1-2.zip — Fixed a bug for linux
- Coulrophobia 1-1.zip — Might be the final
- Coulrophobia 0-1.zip — Playable
- Treausre Seeker.rar — Treasure Seeker v1.0
- lawnmower_robots_helping_at_a_garden_exhibition.zip — Lawnmower robots helping at a garden exhibition
- block_the_knight.zip — Game
- cANT_DRummb0ID_22_FINAL-1.0.1.tar.gz — Final - expect many bugs (I made a pun:))
Forget the mess, clean up is for later. Get in the fight! You cAN'T let 'em in here! :)
P.S. - There is a potentially very LOUD alarm during game play. We tried to soften the volume to a safe hearing level. Just to be safe, please don't play this with headphones on; or do so cautiously, until you're sure of the alarm's sound level. This is the alarm when the hopper is full (the orange canister).
P.P.S. - You'll have a better audio experience if you turn off dynamic EQ in your soundcard's settings. Especially voice and volume levelers, and dynamic sound shaping. You can adjust the sfx and music master volumes in settings.py (0.0 ≤ vol ≤ 1.0).
P.P.P.S - See the diary below for tips, spoilers and amusing commentary.
There's a post-pyweek bug fix here. You want to get it to avoid frustration. See diary entry "Critical bug #1".
- Torus_pyweek22_exe.zip — Here is the exe version. With a miracle, it could work on your computer. The best still remains to have python3.x with pygame and numpy on your computer...
- Torus_pyweek22.zip — "standalone" version. - I will upload a really heavy one which comes with an executable...
Heroes want to save the Princess, you are the evil monster that wants to block them (him).
- thebigboard 3.zip — Converted one file to .ogg to reduce file size.
- thebigboard 2.zip — The Big Board v2 3.2MB zip
In this game, highlighting the situation of thousands of refugee's in the "Jungle", your task will be to scan trucks as they head for the ferry to the UK, looking for illegal immigrants: "You can't let him in here!"
This game is written for Python3 and Pygame
"The Calais "Jungle" is the nickname given to a refugee and migrant encampment in the vicinity of Calais, France, where migrants and refugees live."
Area: 4 km²
Population: 7,300 (Jul 2016)