September 2012 challenge: “One Way Trip”
To play the games listed here, you may need to install Python (typically 2.5+). PyGame, pyglet or PyOpenGL. See the game's README file for specific requirements. Windows or OS X users downloading the versions of games specific to them shouldn't need to install anything.
- trippy-climb-1.0.zip — Final (7.16 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
- Pyweek 15_2.rar — Western (4.29 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
- Pyweek 15.rar — Western (4.28 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
- orpheus.zip — Final version of orpheus (7.57 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- OneWhaleTrip.Windows.zip — Windows binary (11.71 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- OneWhaleTrip.Mac.app.zip — MacOS X binary (12.36 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- OneWhaleTrip.source.zip — Final source. (7.33 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- owt_final.zip — OWT, final version (1.81 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
Requires Python 2.6 or later, and PyGame (I've been using 1.9.1).
Uncompress the ZIP archive and run "owt" in the "scripts" directory. It looks better in full screen mode, so try running owt with -f option (although depending on your graphic card/display it may not work).
All this information is available in the README.txt file included in the ZIP.
The game is available in two flavours: source code and windows binary bundle.
- pyweek15_EscapePeas-0.0.2.tar.gz — A few minor changes but it looks like this'll be my final submission :( (14.43 Kbytes on 2012/09/15)
- pyweek15_EscapePeas-0.0.1.tar.gz — Sadly this looks like the best I will manage due to hardware and internet problems throughout the week. (13.83 Kbytes on 2012/09/15)
- readme.txt — Readme (326.00 bytes on 2012/09/16)
- NoWayOut1.1.zip — V1.1 (23.57 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
- NoWayOut.zip — Final Upload 1.0, No Way Out for Pyweek 15. (23.04 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
- bitcraft-pyweek15-d610d59.zip — unfinished final submission (1.20 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
For pygame 1.9 and python 2.7. These is a strong possibility that it will work with 2.6, but not much of a chance that it will work on 3.x.
'W' Key will cause you to jump. Double jumps are allowed.
- Kaos by Allefant.zip — final submission (1.32 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
Oh, and since I forgot in the readme and don't want to make another submission just for that - all artwork is from opengameart.org.
- ShunnedSurvivor_qf2.zip — Quick fix 2 (resource/building balancing and show stopper bugs) (7.83 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- Shunned_Survivor_qf1.zip — Shunned Survivor (quick fix 1) (14.20 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- ShunnedSurvivor.zip — Shunned Survivor (14.34 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- Moon_Pytrol TeamStrong12_9.zip — Moon Pytrol Submission (200.94 Kbytes on 2012/09/15)
You awake from your concussion and nightfall approaches...There is no turning back.
Lovingly restored, beautiful artwork and music throughout, (estimated) 200 hours of gameplay.
- traintonowhere.zip — 1.0.0 (3.70 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
You are an outlaw on the run - and you need to get the hell out of town.
There's only one problem: the train has already left. Ok, two problems: it is also packed with law men.
Only one thing to do: load your six-shooter, saddle up, and chase that train down!
- efr_v1.01.zip — Final submission for PyWeek (1.42 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
- efr_v1.0.zip — Escape from Russia v1.0 (1.31 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
- dandelion-1.1.tgz — Source with crashfix, optimization and icon (4.99 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- dandelion-1.0.1.zip — Added README.txt (4.64 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- dandelion-1.0.zip — Source code and music (4.63 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- PW15_v1.1_noFPS.zip — Removed FPS from screen (4.98 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
- PW15_v1.1_final.zip — Final (4.98 Mbytes on 2012/09/16)
You control Charon's ferry around the Acheron river with arrow keys.
You have to take souls from the bottom dock to the top one.
Only souls carrying any gold object will pay you; kick rest souls away from the ferry before unloading by mouse clicking.
- Backyard labyrinth 1.1.zip — updated version (2.81 Mbytes on 2012/09/15)
- Backyard labyrinth.zip — first upload (103.53 Kbytes on 2012/09/14)