Presented by adam
Best pixelation Award 2010.
Presented by illume
Ratings (show detail)
After getting reports of it crashing on linux, I had to rename a few files to make it case sensitive. Also, I added the required README.txt which was overlooked.
Found corrupted level files. No code changes in this version.
It wibbles! It wobbles! Current screenshot of our wibbly wobbly effect.
Finally some art I'm happy with.
quick preview of things so far
Report from the field, Ubuntu + pygame
Sorry about that!
So here we are at the last 40 minutes
Game is stable, most content ready. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
CODE AND ART AND I MAY BE HYPER
- Blake is basically kicking ass and taking names on the code front.
- Spears has made some awesome progress with an entire new tileset for caverns.
- Kirin gave us an animated enemy sprite. Ph1n and ikanread are dropping hot beats (so to speak).
- And last (but hopefully not least) I'm finally making some progress on cut-scene art that I don't hate:
Another day down, more progress made.
- There is now have a level editor so folks can start producing levels while he is working on building out more of the mechanics.
- Spears Dracona has done some awesome pixel art for us (the wizard sprite + all the tiles we have thus far)
- I've fixed up the cut-scene engine a bit so text is actually displayed and did some first pases at art for the intros (I still am not happy with it but progress is progress).
- Levels have doors and win conditions now!
- We have finalized a plot.
Art fail and where I belong
The first several hours of my first PyWeek were pretty brutal for me (psychologically). I'm normally a developer more than artist (which is to say I almost never do art) but wasn't expecting to have much free time to spend on coding so I'm filling in where there are gaps. And boy is there still a gap! I have sketches of what I want and I know what it should look like on the screen but for the life of me I can not make my ideas fit into the style we're going after. Just a reminder of where I actually belong on projects like this.
Anyway, after a few hours of frustration I finally gave up on the art side for the evening and threw together the beginnings of a cutscene framework and background music manager. Nothing fantastic but I was able to do it without stepping on Blake's toes and got a little bit of polish type work already started. Hopefully in a few days not having to worry about those details will be a bit of a reprieve.
All told I'm pretty happy with day1 progress and can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds.
SVN repo up!
- Design: blakeohare
- Programming: blakeohare and Falun
- Art: Falun and Spears Dracona.
- Music: dmcginty23 and ikanreed
- Support: BrettS,