Presented by adam
Best pixelation Award 2010.
Presented by illume
Ratings (show detail)
After getting reports of it crashing on linux, I had to rename a few files to make it case sensitive. Also, I added the required README.txt which was overlooked.
|9.5 MB||blakeohare||2010/04/04 05:27|
Found corrupted level files. No code changes in this version.
|9.5 MB||blakeohare||2010/04/04 01:41|
It wibbles! It wobbles! Current screenshot of our wibbly wobbly effect.
|68.5 KB||blakeohare||2010/03/31 06:28|
Finally some art I'm happy with.
|94.0 KB||Falun||2010/03/31 06:12|
quick preview of things so far
|62.6 KB||blakeohare||2010/03/29 23:42|
Report from the field, Ubuntu + pygame
Sorry about that!
So here we are at the last 40 minutes
Game is stable, most content ready. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
CODE AND ART AND I MAY BE HYPER
- Blake is basically kicking ass and taking names on the code front.
- Spears has made some awesome progress with an entire new tileset for caverns.
- Kirin gave us an animated enemy sprite. Ph1n and ikanread are dropping hot beats (so to speak).
- And last (but hopefully not least) I'm finally making some progress on cut-scene art that I don't hate:
Another day down, more progress made.
- There is now have a level editor so folks can start producing levels while he is working on building out more of the mechanics.
- Spears Dracona has done some awesome pixel art for us (the wizard sprite + all the tiles we have thus far)
- I've fixed up the cut-scene engine a bit so text is actually displayed and did some first pases at art for the intros (I still am not happy with it but progress is progress).
- Levels have doors and win conditions now!
- We have finalized a plot.
Art fail and where I belong
The first several hours of my first PyWeek were pretty brutal for me (psychologically). I'm normally a developer more than artist (which is to say I almost never do art) but wasn't expecting to have much free time to spend on coding so I'm filling in where there are gaps. And boy is there still a gap! I have sketches of what I want and I know what it should look like on the screen but for the life of me I can not make my ideas fit into the style we're going after. Just a reminder of where I actually belong on projects like this.
Anyway, after a few hours of frustration I finally gave up on the art side for the evening and threw together the beginnings of a cutscene framework and background music manager. Nothing fantastic but I was able to do it without stepping on Blake's toes and got a little bit of polish type work already started. Hopefully in a few days not having to worry about those details will be a bit of a reprieve.
All told I'm pretty happy with day1 progress and can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds.
SVN repo up!
- Design: blakeohare
- Programming: blakeohare and Falun
- Art: Falun and Spears Dracona.
- Music: dmcginty23 and ikanreed
- Support: BrettS,