Nothing Suspicious Here
Nothing Suspicious Here: where a small action of yours will bring chaos to the world
Recommended volume: 30% or above
Note: it may take a few seconds to load the game, please be patient
- You woke up in a rather empty room, with just a boring chat bot besides you
- "What else is there to do?" you thought, and you tried talking to the box...
- You will need to solve three simple puzzles to result in two different endings
- The third ending requires.. a little effort, by talking to the box
- While the fourth, is the most boring one, only try to find that if you have a plenty of time!
- Sorry if there's any typo, I do think there are some typos, I'm not very good at English :(
***Please try playing the game first before watching the walkthrough video!***
***also watch the video instead if the game is not working on your computer!***
- Walkthrough Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WImKzi5NLI
There is supposed to be a fifth ending! But I didn't have time to finish that one, so I will just explain it here:
- After you've finished all three endings(except the boring one), you will unlock a secret dialog with the box!
- The box will talk about how you can free him by trying to crash the game, this dialog is actually included in the time travel ending, go check it out!
- After the dialog is finished, a calculator will appear in the room, if you try to enter anything divided by 0, the game will crash(exit).
- If you re-open the game, the game opens in a command line format. If you type "free chatbox" in the command line, the game restarts with the chat box gone.
- This is more like an easter egg, but I didn't have enough time left to work on that. I will try to add an easter egg in the next pyweek project!
The README.txt is also included in each zip fileREADME.txt:
- Requires pygame 1.9.4 or above if you are using source version, the source code is compatible with both python2 and python3, python3 is recommended. Do "pip install pygame" to install this module.
- Run "run_game.py" if you are using source version, run "main.exe" if you are using executable version.
- You can use [K] to inspect an item or exit a GUI, [R] to restart a game, [ESC] to exit the game, [WASD] to move, you can use your cursor when inside a GUI.
- There are four endings in the game, and three puzzles to solve, always talk to the chat box when you are stuck!
- Please check the "copyrights.txt" in "texture" and "audio" folder for the copyright info about the textures or musics.
The Vacuum Award for the cleanest Hell
Presented by ddorn
Presented by xmzhang1
Ratings (show detail)
Day 1 - Game Design In Progress
Day 1 for me in the pyweek, had to skip the actual day 1 because of exams
Thinking about making a game that feels like "please don't touch anything", where a small action of yours will have huge effects
Day 2 - Nothing Suspicious here... right?
A tiny person running around in a tiny room, having absolutely no influence to the outside world!
Day 3 - Where.. where am I?
A harmless person woke up in a harmless room, how does this have any effect on the fate of the universe?
Game storyline decided! Now making textures and coding!
Day 3.5 - Hello hello!
Here is the annoying chatbox, maybe its words are useful in some way?
Day 4 - Setting up buttons!
Now the buttons are set up...
Remember when you feel like you are stuck, just go talk to the chatbox!
Not screenshot for today because any more of those will be a huge spoiler
Day 5 - Making the Endings!
Working on the four endings
Day 6 - Finished!
Managed to complete on time!(but still didn't work on a lot of details :(
I'm recording the walkthrough for each ending tomorrow, the game is being packaged and uploaded at the moment!
Mac and Linux File Path Issue fix
encukou just let me know that the source code doesn't work on Linux or mac because of the file path!
I just uploaded another version that replaced every path with os.path.join on google drive here:
You can also watch the youtube video here:
Sorry for the trouble!