I worked on the tiles for the map, and it looks quite nice to me.
I am going to add the Pizza Delivery guy tomorrow, so I can take him for a test-drive hehe ;).
Yeah apart from that, I wanted to get more things down, but I am very tired.
So here are the objectives of things I want to get done tomorrow (I mean Tuesday lol):
- Add Pizza Delivery Guy, Mr. Six
- Create the remaining tiles (crossroads, Hexa Pizza, meadow) -> Due to the time limit, I will cut out the river tiles for now and also bridges
- Create classes for the houses and also Hexa Pizza
- Add collision detection -> Player can't drive into houses or meadows
And for Wednesday, the plan is this:
- Work on Hexa Pizza class (Add ovens, orders, pizza boxes for storage,... This will mainly be the GUI.
- Add timer and clock (game-time)
- Add first scoring scheme
- Complete game-logic (house(customer)
Oh god, so much to do.
I wish you all a good night!
Sleep well, take care of yourselves. Seeeeee yaaa
So, day 1 is almost over.
Was I surprised when the theme "6" got chosen? Well, not very surprised at least. A little bit maybe.
I had difficulty finding a good game idea.
After 1 hour of sitting in front of my laptop (while looking out of the window and observing the beautiful day), I came up with the game idea:
HexaPizza! A pizza shaped like a hexagon (a hexagon has six / 6 sides=, so that's valid, isn't it? Hah, well.
The job of the game will be to delivery pizza on an electric scooter! And if possible, in time.
Before I started with the active development phase, I wrote some documents on what the exact game objectives will be and what will be part of the game etc. This took about 1-2 hours.
After that, I went jogging today for 45 minutes. After that, I felt exhausted, but so calm, that working on the game for 4 hours felt really great! I recommend to every one of you to go jogging, it helps you to concentrate and gives you a happy/good feeling. Woohoo.
I started out by creating the directory structure for the game.
Next, I started programming classes for loading files (image, texts/maps).
Then I continued creating classes for generating the map.
I tested everything, and well, I am happy that the map generator works.
I am too tired now to write more but stay tuned and thanks for reading! I will post some pictures in the next diary entry.