Adventures in time.
This morning we discovered that BT had (meaning to upgrade his connection) cut off one of our team members. Unfortunately he was hosting our Subversion repository. In anticipation that it might return we started working on our working copies. At 6pm we decided it was getting silly... We needed to merge.
Basically two of us (Martin and myself) were based off 1929 and JJ was based off 1927. So:
- We copied JJ's WC, reverted it and committed it to a new repository.
- We committed a reverted copy of Martin's over that bringing us to 1929.
- We brought the WC for the new repository back to the 1927 mirror and brought in changes JJ had made, updated, merged and committed 1929a.
- We brought it back to the 1929 mirror and brought in Martin's changes, updated, merged and committed 1929b.
- Once more we brought it back to 1929 mirror and brought in my changes, updated, merged and committed 1929c (aka 1930).
It was a wild time travel adventure that made all of us appreciate why we use source control...
(log in to comment)