The 2019 Award of "Read the instructions first"
Presented by tizilogic
Ratings (show detail)
Colour Tower in-game screenshot
Colour Tower - PyWeek #28 entry by Master47
Summary, some random thoughts
Not sure who will read this, but I wanted to write a couple of lines and tell you, that there are two bugs, which can be prevented if one follows the instructions outlined in "instructions.txt":
- Generate a tower before trying to click on "PLAY!". Otherwise I do not know what will happen.
- When generating a tower, please choose at least once colour block and set the number of blocks to generate to at least 1. Otherwise I do not know what will happen.
I sadly did not have time to fix the bugs, as I was very busy with work.
In total, I think I spent about 15 hours of programming. Or 2 hours on both Monday and Tuesday, and 10 hours on Saturday. I am finished (yes, physically, too) :D lol.
So what do I think of my game?
Well, to put it nicely, "things can be clicked on"...
It should be regarded as a reaction game.
Further plans were the following:
- Make this game a network game, where tower blue prints are hosted on a server and players can battle each other on who builds the tower the quickest.
- Include different sounds when clicking on blocks. So there would be two ways, in which the time it would take to build a tower from a blue print, could be reduced:
- Remembering the order of clicking the correct blocks by sound (Hearing sense)
- Remembering the order of clicking the correct blocks by using the eyes (vision sense)
I also wanted to include options and a highscore table, but I did not have time.
The joy of getting older and having a full time job, eh? But it's ok :).
And not to mention, the dishwasher won't fill itself.
What will I do now?
Well, have some lovely green tea =).
Over and out!