Crossing the river
Your king are collecting armies and going to conquer a rich neighbour.
He needs a reliable way to quickly cross the flow with all his hordes.
Help him to start a war! Or do something else.
Presented by speedlimit35
The Python 2 is dead award
Presented by ntoll
Presented by ozcer
Ratings (show detail)
Binary windows version 0.95 (PyInstaller)
Source version 0.95
Day 6 - two towers
Day 6 - two towers
Ugly sprites looks good when put together!
Code is even worse :)
Short name for entry is fixed. And now I got a half of pyweek 25 theme. My game should be about short names if I want to have meaningful URLs.
Day 1 - What should I do?
Can make start menu. Game should be Fun and Innovative.
I am comfortable with 3d-shooters and 2d-scrollers. I don't want to make any kind puzzles.
It is possible to use 3 worlds if I start with "Look! We discovered two new worlds!"
I need to make decision as soon as possible and be Innovative.
What the differene between worlds can be?
Maybe I should make a list of world pairs then make a random choice.
- worlds with different gravity
- mirrored worlds
- universes created as quantum mechanic effects
- BigEndian/LittleEndian, tabs/spaces, vim/emacs, functional/imperative. War of robots than can't understand each other because of endianness. Ended by 8-bit microcontroller.
- ORCS vs GOBLINS!!! And TROLLS too!!!
I do not want to make a random choise now.
It will be side-scroller about war between world of orcs and world of goblins. Worlds will be very similar as you can guess.
Eye protection required.
Surprisingly I can't fill 640x480 screen with dynamic tiles keeping 60 FPS. Even manually with OpenGL.
My CPU and GPU are fast enough. Bottleneck is in link between them. I do not intent to change (crash, burn and destroy) map content during gameplay. So placing entire map in one Batch is ok.
My drawings is awful. I can't draw orc or goblin. I tried to draw a wall. Unsuccessful.
There will be blobs and circles in place of monsters.
My code is even worse.
Wear eye protection before viewing https://github.com/yarolig/ShortName
Day 3 - need more code.
- If you can play https://quickdraw.withgoogle.com/ then you can draw a good sprite set for pyweek.
- Tiled Map Editor is very useful. It has good file format for tiles and maps. I do not need to write map editor. I'm afraid using it a lot is kind of cheating. It is Tiledweek, not pyweek.
- I added many tiles and frame rate drops to 30 FPS.
- Enthusiasm exhausted.
But magic works! I have several levels. It looks cool!
Today I need to finish alpha version.
I finished game 8 hours before deadline. There was some troubles with pyinstaller but I googled workaround.
Time to relax. And to draw better levels :)