Days 3 and 4 - More Objects, Graphics, More Levels and StuffI forgot to post yesterday. I'm going to combine yesterday's and todays posts into one.
I added some more objects into the game, including finish lines (as an objective for the level), rocks, lily pads, sewer pipes (which will act as portal-like mechanisms) and coins. I'm planning on having the purpose of the coin to be spending on customizations, like boat colors.
In addition to the actual code for the objects, I started working on the graphics for all of them. I decided to experiment with low-poly graphics, as I thought it would add a more relaxing feel to the game, which is exactly what I'm aiming for. I didn't fully complete the graphics, but I got quite a few of them. I also got a font as well, trying to fit it in with a modern theme around the low-poly graphics.
I also started to create more levels, trying to experiment with different obstacles and patterns to make the game more interesting and fun.
(log in to comment)