Thank you so much for your support and comments!
I'm so sorry for the ones that didn't work... I really should test on Mac and Linux for the next Pyweek.
From the comments I saw three major problem:
- The game is not working because certain module or file is not found
- The story that was told is not clear
- There weren't much gameplay
The first issue has two possible causes. My texture loading module was glitchy and it reports a texture loading error, or noisepy was not install and it returns a module not installed error. I recently fixed the texture module and it should be working correctly, and I simply forgot to include noisepy when I was using py2exe D:.
For the second issue, here is the answer: this game emphasized my first year in university, which is basically me at the moment :D. And how did I emphasized that in the game? here goes:
- The controllable character is headless, there were a couple of achievements related to "losing direction".
- The first scene is basically, you were forced to type unwanted things to continue -> my TAs were like that, yep.
- When you've waited too long in one scene, the narrator gets mad and the box becomes unstable -> deadlines basically.
- In the shooting stars part you make choices, it starts off obvious but it soon got harder, and you have to decide on your intuitions
- At this point of life I realized the actual value of time. In the third stage, with the choices you've made to either skip or wait determines your attitude with time. However, this became completely ionic because you are actually wasting time waiting in reality. And for the little "aren't you a smart boy" reaction after you've chosen to skip, the reason is that.... usually the people who think they are smart tend to waste a lot of their time.
- Walking in the forest part is basically the entertainment and socializing. The true meaning behind the question "do you flow with it?", is asking whether or not you have the urge to socialize and do everything together with other people. I actually felt quite lonely during the first month of university, and if I could paint how that period of time felt like, a lone man in the forest, a current which doesn't carry you, he walks around in circles, and touching the flags that were 'unreachable'(relate to the 'unclickable' achievement). The final achievement in the forest scene is 'take a walk', it firstly relates to the 'Take a Walk' song by Passion Pit, and it also relates to how it managed to meet friends later on :D.
- The result paper looked like the diploma paper, that's actually the intention behind it.
- The background music is played by guitar -> I've just started learning guitar in September!
- Furthermore, there were some meaning or some story of mine behind each achievement! But that's too much to write here.
- DMG is a acronym me and my friends made up for Doris McCarthy Gallery... and I just decided to put it there :P
The third issue, no gameplay... Sorry, I was so into composing my stories in there that I basically had no time left for gameplay D; . I will add more gameplay in my next Pyweek entry.
Again, thank you so much for your feedbacks!