As we all know, blake decided to have 2 PyWeeks this year and that next one will be in early September here!
He also suggested PyWeekend in summer in that post.
While PyWeek veterans commented about improving PyWeek site, I haven't seen any thoughts about PyWeekend despite m0dem's! He said one weekend would be too short.
I would definitely like to have PySomething in summer (according to the survey most people want to), so we need to decide:
- how long will it last (for 2, 7 or any other number of days)
- when will it be (I think before August and I would prefer June)
- what will the name be (PyWeekend, PyWeek 21.5, PySomething, PySummerEvent, PyIndescribable came to my mind, but there are probably more)
- what rules will it have (I proposed to hack each other games after event so you need to code clear)
- who will organise it (richard, blake or someone else)
Whatever will it be, we need to hurry if we want to have anything this summer!
What are your thoughts, ideas and concerns?
(log in to comment)