Day #6, #7: Finish
I've finished my game. It has a lot of rough edges. I like how a robot reacts to bit flags. But I think game mechanics will not be very clear to others.
Anyway, main idea is to combine bit flags and so influence robot behavior. Key word is combine
I've done most of the work during these two days.
- Gates. Prevents robot from passing through.
- Enemies. Tries to shoot the robot.
- Sensor*. Works with colors. Locks target (Gate points or enemies) only when sensor color is same as target's color
- Shooting**. So, the robot can shoot into gates and/or enemies
* To fully turn on sensor You need to turn on at least two flags: 4th and one of 5-7th.
** Shooting works only if sensor is locked onto target. Shooting bit is 8th bit.
What is missing:
- Sound FX
- Nice beginning/ending screens
- Better communication with player (Example: telling her/him that one bit depends on another)
Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVimBF92kbU