Some commentsThis has been a really fun Pyweek! Thanks to Richard and congratulations to the winners!
From what I see, most comments had to do with the following:
- The forest is too hard Too bad... We wanted the game to be longer, and successively harder, but we had to cut some parts from the middle, due to lack of time. I suppose the contrast between the easy puzzles from the beginning and the final puzzle put some people off. Sorry!
- Hey, in the forest if you go west and go east you not return to the starting point !!! Thats off the rules !!! Hehe! We stole it from Dunnet. It their fault! ;)
- How are you supposed to use the gateopener? "Give gateopener" or "drop gateopener". We didn't realize that "use gateopener" would be logical. Sorry, again.
- The fun was spoiled for the dumb input interpreter. Need to accept more variations It does actually accept variations. We are not too experienced with this kind of games, and the standard commands that they accept. The parser is pretty flexible if you have time to implement more aliases. We'll try to think it through better in the future, though.
- I looked in the code for hints Woo! You managed to find your way through that mess? Kudos to you!
- A baguette? What the hell? (a.k.a. fixing the ladder) But there was a bakery! Sorry :)
Thank you all and see you in six months!
(log in to comment)