Pulling out of the station...
Well we've got a game idea, a look-and-feel, and a name for our game.
I've spent more time than I probably should have learning Curses to do the ascii graphics, but overall it's working well. Sadly, Curses doesn't work on Windows. So even though my teammate and I are both developing on non-Windows systems (OSX and GNU/Linux respectively) and can run Curses natively, we are targeting the largest demographic of Pyweek developers and players, which is Windows. So in order to keep using curses, we've borrowed and are modifying the Pygame-based Curses emulator that Alya wrote for Isle of the Cursed Phoenix. It's a thin but fantastic piece of code, and it's been great to learn how to use curses while expanding the emulator that Alya started.
Spent too much time doing ascii artwork and animation for our RegEx Express train, but we're pretty excited about the theme and throwback to the old "Conjunction Junction" style rhymes, puns and whatnot.
(log in to comment)