That's a wrapI was pretty excited about this pyweek, was eager to try out the transcrypt compiler to run my python game in the browser.
You can play it online here: https://vkrishna.itch.io/towerjumpers?password=pyweek28
- Managed to do a lot of play-testing (hope this ensures points on fun)
- Good animations / Physics
- Polished transitions (Camera Follow / Screen Transitions)
- FX for milestones in game.
- Basic sound effects
I was unable to find time for character design and animation so had to stick to basic geometry shapes. It kinda works for the setting, but not sure how others would feel about it. I wanted to implement some kind of in-game pickup that didn't happen either, mostly because the map structure i designed is so tuned to building the tower dynamically that i didn't make it extensible to be able to add things later.
Review regarding transcrypt, it was surprisingly stable and was pretty fast. There are still things that bother me though
- Each python file gets compiled to a js and same set of macros are added to the modules. (increased number of http requests)
- Kinda hard to keep track of the js_* and py_* naming conflict. (fortunately its' easy to debug/figure out this problem)
- Will need to live with __new__() macro, not sure if this is standard python but it's here.
(log in to comment)
ntoll on 2019/09/28 19:48: