Well, that was interestingA bit of a rush job again this time. The idea I chose was probably a bit too ambitious -- it took me until Thursday to come up with a suitable data structure and algorithm, and some fairly fundamental bugs were plagueing it until the last moment, so I didn't get a chance to implement most of the things I had in mind. On the plus side, I gained a few insights into how hexaflexagons work, hopefully not at the expense of too much of my sanity!
Some future directions I could go with this:
- Putting images on the faces
- Rotating the view to look at the flexagon from different perspectives
- Animated flexing
- A way to "peek under the flaps" to see what the next flex will turn up
- Printing out a pattern for making a physical version of your creation
- Build a flexagon-manufacturing CNC machine (okay, maybe not)