Yes I know these diaries are a day behind, rest assured I'm writing these about yesterday.
I completed the cat model and rigged it really sloppily to get some testing done. I also gave him a cute little cigar!
Yes I know smoking is bad for your health, but not as bad as firing a revolver at yourself.
I gotta say this is the best rig I've ever made. The face can do some really crazy expressions.
Typing this now I realize he definitely needs a bowl-hat.
Other characters will be pretty much the same character in different colors I bet.
I also modeled something that looks like a dingy basement.
The game won't have pretty shadows like this though since my videocard and knowledge about videocards is not all that.
I also switched to something called pman, which will act as a nice bridge between blender and panda3d so I don't have to keep exporting my models. Hoorah!
There was a problem with shaders, but thanks to the wonderful panda3d community this was solved the next day (aka just now).
Still have only written about 90 lines of code of which 20 are comments to future me. I should probably start writing more.
Also also, I wrote the first entry in the diary and uploaded the first things to the pyweek website. Funny how that works now!
(log in to comment)