Day 5

Today I got to an inflection point where the size of the Python code is growing much faster than the Javascript :-) Currently at about 1200 lines of Python and 850 lines of Javascript.

In fact a lot of the game now works. Working combat, player death, and loot drops (though there is only one loot item). The light world now doesn't let players walk into the water, and generates foliage over the whole map.

Also a whole team of people can go on a raid at once:

There are a lot of little bugs and race conditions. I've fixed a few of these but there are lots more.

The biggest problem is that game isn't fun at this point. It needs content; players need to be rewarded for doing things.

Still, this is a fairly good point to be at for the end of day 5.