Day 2 - GUI Development and Platformer Engine + Objects madeWow, I had a lot of caffeine and sugar today. Never give a kid too much sugar or caffeine, no matter what their reason is, whether they are studying, getting up early, or it's their birthday. NEVER let a kid have too much caffeine or/and sugar. Deep Thoughts by OrionDark7.
I am almost done with the Menu GUI, I'm also adding some Game Save functionality. I've added complete button functionality. I made a Platformer Engine for the game, and I'm adding in certain objects to accompany it. I was able to develop the first level, and here it is:
Oh, I forgot to tell you the theme of the game! It's about these starving mice living in a pantry, and they decide to take over the kitchen to be able to eat. I call it Rodentopia (yes, it needed to be that overexaggerated.).
What I'm planning on adding next:
- NPC's that you can talk to, so I don't have to explain the entire plotline in the beginning of the game.
- Mouse Traps, so there's actually a point to this game.
- Better graphics. (Can anybody point me to a tutorial on how to use Photoshop? I'm really bad at it...)
- More food other than cheese. (Cheese gives you ten points, so I'm thinking if you eat... let's say Jam, you get thirty points.)
- Making the platforms not look like wooden planks sitting in some hoarders pantry.
It will be much harder for me now, as tomorrow I have school. And I was caught in a really busy week. I have Robotics, a Band Concert, and I have to go to my friends B-Day party. Ah well. I'll work something out.
Also, I'm hoping to have a Python 2.7 version of the game on this site tomorrow, so if you wanna try it, come here tomorrow.