the unforseen agony of displaying text in pygame
I thought, surely displaying text will be the easy part of this adventure. Surely, there's some quite simple way to draw multiple lines of text on the screen.
Well, as it turns out...
I've spent at least 5 hours on text rendering. I've finally managed to get a general way to write an arbitrary number of characters/lines and even have them printed out character by character. But it wasn't easy.
a lovely flower drawn by mike
There's still a lot left to do so I can't relax yet. But I'm still feeling pretty good about the progress we've made before hitting Wednesday. The creative assets are coming along nicely (you can see the overworld map posted in our entry!) and there's still a lot of writing to do, but I am planning on having the data formats all worked out tonight or tomorrow.
(log in to comment)