Game feedbackWell, we got a third place and I am quite happy with the results. The feedback was really nice; several things we knew (and did not have time to fix before the deadline). This is a small list:
- The higher levels (after level 4) are too hard. This requires some adjustment with the level generator, not very hard (we would have done them if we had more time to play-test the difficulty)
- The line of sight is very tricky, and sometimes guard see you through strange diagonals. This is perhaps the hardest thing to solve (not because of programming, but because it requires good design to make it fun, predictable, and challenging at the same time)
- After dying you should have the choice to retry the level! This was supposed to be that way but didn't because of a stupid team communication issue :) (the problem of being a large team...)
- The ingame artwork could use some more improvements. The walk-cycle is quite ugly, and some extra decorations could make the game look better. We did not have time to improve this.
- Some levels could be designed to give a more puzzle-like feeling to the game. We had only time to make the tutorial, but more pre-designed levels would be a plus. However some random levels would stay there, because they increase replay value....
- Someone told us this is "Metal Gear"... I promise no one knew at the initial brainstorm when I proposed the "camouflage matching suits and walls" idea. Later after talking with Martin (one of the artist, who was not at the first team meeting) he mentioned the similarity, but we kept going forward
(log in to comment)