Subtle successesNot much large-scale structural change today, but quite a number of little cleanups and tweaks to our existing behaviour.
- Collision detection changed a few times through the day. We still get stuck in the ceiling sometimes, but rather more tastefully than we did before.
- Camerawork improved to avoid the Blair Witch Effect when animation changes the bounding box dimensions.
- We started work on NPC dialogue trees and other general state stuff. Nothing we can take screenshots of yet, though.
- Tile generation was automated and curlicues were added to make things more interesting.
- New art arrived! Squeee! (We'll make use of it Real Soon Now.)
The list above represents more work than it looks like, and not very much of it was done by me. Besides the general day-job craziness (too many major deadlines landing in the same week), I spent part of the evening pleasantly engaged in dinner with a trio of charming women. They didn't even seem to mind that much when I rushed off between courses to debate the virtues of Newtonian versus Aristotelian physics for player motion in the game.
All in all, a fairly successful midweek day. We have tentative plans to get together tomorrow evening for some group hacking, which should give us a bit of a productivity boost. Being able to gesticulate wildly while extolling the virtues of one's pet implementation detail adds a certain air of madcap enthusiasm to the proceedings, provided one remembers not to do so while holding a bowl of miso soup.
(log in to comment)