So it goes.The final fourteen hours of PyWeek 9 were less frantic and stressful than we had expected. Four and a half hours before the deadline, we adjourned for a leisurely dinner and some milkshakes across the road before returning to figure out how to package everything for three different operating systems.
- Milkshakes are an awesome way to avoid packaging PyWeek entries for Windows.
- Constants don't actually have to be constant.
- If in doubt, reimplement everything in the external library from scratch twice before reading the code.
- Planning is overrated.
- Documentation is overrated.
- Never underestimate the motivational power of a pretty picture.
- There's no such thing as a hack that's too horrible.
- You really can convince your boss to delay an important deployment for pyweek.
- How to fit in sleep between day jobs, social obligations and pyweek.
- Where to get food on short notice at weird hours.
We'll definitely be back for the next pyweek. :-)