Make Me: Post-competition releaseHey, we wanted to thank everyone for their great comments on our game, and to congratulate all the winners (yknow, everyone!).
We've put together a polished release of our game "Make Me", which we think addresses most of the comments brought up in the judging. Most of these we already knew about, and we've been working on fixing them this past week; but we also modified the game to address many respondents' complaints about the speed of the game and introduction to the blueprints screen.
I've uploaded source code and Mac OS X and Windows packages to my website at http://www.partiallydisassembled.net/make_me. The Mac OS X and Windows packages have no dependencies; the source code requires only Python and AVbin (pyglet's included).
This newer version features:
- Many bug fixes, including graphics glitches on old and new cards, sound problems, memory leaks, collision bugs, and enemy A.I. bugs.
- Saved games are now saved to disk.
- A much larger world to explore, including some new robot parts to pick up with unique features.
- Changes to the existing map to better introduce how to play the game.
- Improvements to the menu interface to make the operation more clear.
- Graphical improvements to some of the tiles.
- Many new sound effects, and a new soundtrack.