I wish I could have spent more time on my entry, but I feel good that I at least got a working game that could be termed as 'complete', merely because there was a definite beginning and end of the game and a mechanic to power it.Here are things that got left out:
- Enemies! Enemies were going to be soldiers, tanks, and perhaps jet bombers.
- Throwable things. This was originally going to be the game's selling point, because the idea of throwing buildings at things just appeals to me. ODE wasn't working out well, and I just ran out of time, so I just ran with the laser eyes stuff. The plan was to let you pick up buildings and vehicles and throw them at other buildings and vehicles, and have the laser eyes as only a secondary weapon. I also realized only days after that I could have done a half-assed version of this with Panda collision solids and/or physics, but the time probably still wouldn't have been there to implement it. You will notice various variables/methods like "raiseTheRoof" and "hasCheesburgar" sitting around which were going to facilitate this.
- "Music". I was planning to throw this together in the last two hours. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the.. "music"... to loop properly. Of course, I realized only a few days after how I could have easily done that. If you're wondering, when I say "music" I mean making "Dern der der der dern dern" noises into a microphone to fit with the rest of the theme.
- Endless city. I was thinking of a way to have a city which keeps generating based on where you go. I was also thinking of perhaps having levels, where of course you went to the next level after destroying everything. This was sort of pie-in-the-sky because it didn't have to do with getting the core game mechanics implemented.
- Mouse control: I wanted to let you control the robot head with the mouse, letting you point at where you wanted to shoot and having the head follow (within reason). I sort of already know how to do this (having the same style control in Yarr Wars) but I had difficulty getting it implemented in Panda with another project. Perhaps if I revisit it, I can get it done fairly quickly.