Gitlab repo: https://gitlab.com/jttaufa/coolbananaspyweek
Beautiful Hexagon Gradients
Presented by LeopardShark
Ratings (show detail)
A dungeon crawler / turn-based strategy experiment based on hexgrids
|7.2 MB||scott||2019/03/31 12:53|
Plan of attack
|63.8 KB||scott||2019/03/28 06:08|
|21.9 KB||scott||2019/03/28 06:07|
A dungeon battle
We're attempting to create a game with a few parts:
- Your group of 6 units enters rooms in a hex grid dungeon
- When you enter a room, you have to defeat everyone in the room to progress. The room is also a hexgrid (see picture above).
The battles proceed in a turn-based style. Each turn goes like this:
- 6 dice are rolled
- Each number is the number of turns that a unit can take, and you can assign them as you like
- A plan is created for each unit, which consists of moving and attacking (up to the number of moves)
- The AI makes a similar plan
- The two plans are executed simultaneously, with units with the lowest number of moves going first
The turns continue until all the enemies, or all the players units are dead.
Unfortunately, a lot of pieces are still missing, most importantly any interface for doing the planning. I hope that we'll get something in, but it's more likely to be a demo than anything polished.
Hope everyone else's pyweeks are going well!