You are a space ranger sent to Planet 8134-F to scope the planet for suitable locations for your civilization to exist. Unfortunately, a group of interstellar ravagers have tracked you down and are plotting to steal your resources for themselves.
Put an end to your adversaries as you find your way through the hostile lands of what's about to be your new home. The challenge will only get more difficult as time ticks.How to run the game locally?
- Clone the repository
- CD Over to the directory
- Install poetry using pip install poetry
- Install dependencies using poetry install
- Run the game using python run_game.py
- Game doesn't work on Linux since Windows was used for the development of the project
- You can try to run using python Project-Aries if you get a FileNotFoundError
- If you get ModuleNotFoundError, you can either manually install arcade, or rename __main__.py to main.py inside the Project-Aries folder, and run it directly from there (fix suggested by Ian O#1140)
You have to dodge all the enemies and cactus elements on the ground, while also trying to shoot the aerial enemies to survive for as long as possible. The speed of the game will increase as you survive for longer
- SPACE/UP Arrow to Jump
- Q to shoot
- Kenney (https://kenney.nl/) for most of the resources
- Bevouliin Gaming (for the crawler)
- Robert Brooks(for the protagonist)
- https://www.gameart2d.com for the background and ground
Presented by Jeb
Ratings (show detail)
First Day Log
Log Day 3
Day 3 Update :-
Basic placeholder character and background is looking good, even have figured out how to make an infinite platform, but a lot still to do, like enemies and other environmental objects.
Log Day 4
It's very barebones, you can only jump at this moment. Enemies and Environmental objects are still left, but I'm confident we can do it within the 3 days left in this challenge.
Log Day 5
The next two days are gonna require some serious man hours for the game to reach it's intended final state
Log Day 6
Was able to refactor and fix the code in 30 minutes(sort of, there are still issues in the code)
I am very happy with the progress so far. Hopefully we can polish it enough before the deadline.
It's DONE !!!
It was truly exciting week. We left a lot of important aspects of our game to the last minute, but now that our work is done, Our game looks beautiful (at least to me). Would love to work on this project more in future if time permits.