Day 2: GUI and Enemy Movements

Today we started work on the GUI screen. We added a start page and a functional settings page to map keys to what the player wants to.

We also decided to switch physics engines. Before, we were using Arcade's Platformer engine, but we decided to switch over to Pymunk so we could add in more complex abilities and functionality to the player and enemies. We also made the idle movement animations for the enemies, so when they aren't fighting, they scurry around.

All in all, we didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped, given our team's size, but I suppose it's expected with so many people being busy.

Here's a demo of the enemy pattern:

Enemy movement demo