Well, reviewing is over, and some people didn't like this game, but oh well. I think it turned out great, and it has been a fantastic testing ground for the SGE Game Engine.
After the submission period ended, I made several improvements to Pacewar, and I want to report them here:
- Pacewar 1.4 and below had a bug with d-pad recognition. If you ever tried to use a d-pad, it crashed the game. This was fixed in version 1.5.
- Pacewar 1.5 also added a "colorblind" mode, activated by pressing F7. This displays a diamond shape over the green ships, and an hourglass shape over the red ships, and also displays the sameships on the appropriate sides of the score bar.
- A couple of you went ahead and tried to run the game with Python 2 even though Pacewar 1.4 and below supported only Python 3. Obviously, these people were not successful. However, Pacewar 1.5 added Python 2 support.
- Because of the added Python 2 support, I was able to build Windows binaries and 32-bit GNU/Linux binaries.
- Control configuration is now saved as of Pacewar 1.5.2.
Pacewar 1.5.2 can be found here:
- Windows (32-bit): https://pyweek.org/media/dl/19/onpon4/pacewar-1.5.2-win32.7z
- GNU/Linux (32-bit): https://pyweek.org/media/dl/19/onpon4/pacewar-1.5.2-gnulinux-i686.tar.xz
- GNU/Linux (64-bit): https://pyweek.org/media/dl/19/onpon4/pacewar-1.5.2-gnulinux-x86_64.tar.xz
- Source code: https://pyweek.org/media/dl/19/onpon4/pacewar-1.5.2-src.tar.gz
(log in to comment)