Going to be a hard final day
Made some progress with the game, but not as much as I would have liked. The enemy spider can already move, and be pushed back if you hit it with a weapon, but only in one direction, and it is still very buggy.
But at least I made some progress with the intro screen (to ugly to link in the diary, but you can see it in my screenshots). I drew the Picture while driving on the bus, and you can see it. Not that it would have been much better if I would have set at a normal desk -.-'
And I don't really have time to compose a better screen. Maybe I should abandon the intro screen entirely.
Compared to the intro, the main menu did turn out much better (if I may say so myself ;) ). Have a look: The Light follows the mouse cursor. The options in the menu are selected with the mouse as well:
I also added rudimentary joystick / gamepad support. Rudimentary because I just added some random buttons for different actions. I didn't really put much effort in it. If you want to change the button settings, you will have to change it in the source code yourself. (The same will probably be true for the keyboard controls, but at least they have some better defaults).
Important things left to do
- Enemy collision detection
- Hurt + kill enemies
- Enemies drop goodies
- Enemies can at least walk randomly through level
- Rudimentary AI for enemies (trying to attack player)
- Dynamically spawn new enemies
- Enemies hurt player
- Player can die
- Game Over state
- Lights gameplay mechanic
- Find and use better music
- Sound effects
- Finally center lights on player
- HUD / Player status display
- Control customization
- Developer sleep
- Improve / abandon intro
- Help Page
- Sleepy time for developer
- Improve Level
- Fix pesky viewport (works, but is rather inefficient at the moment)
- Why don't you already go to sleep if you can't even stay awake to finish this entry. Idiot.
- Add some torch graphics (game and menu)
- Sleep a whole lot
- fixing everything on these lists
Well, I'm gonna go to sleep for now. Something tells me that it is bedtime.
(log in to comment)