Zoop! Chirp! Zzzz!
Today saw a lot of fleshing out of the game board interface. Highlights include:
- We have sounds! And they're 8-bit! Zoop!
- We have a sound generating tool -- for generating even more 8-bit sounds over the last two days!
- Select tile and valid move highlights became overlays and look much nicer
- Winning is easier (and doesn't require the MSB)
- The players current square is now always a valid move (also helps with winning)
- The game was completed for the first time (by confluence)
- Numerous reworks of the game board controls -- arrow keys now change the selected tile, tab moves to the next valid move and enter performs a move
- Similar reworking of the information area -- arrow keys now change the selected action, tab moves to the next valid action and enter performs an action
- We noticed we were using some colours from outside our chosen 16-colour palette, so we made an official list of colours and have started applying those through-out (I'm sure we've missed some)
- Usuable actions are now greyed out
- Action text acquired funky symbols (and now those are greyed out too)
- We acquired a new image transformation for blending images with colours (in order to grey out the glyphs)
I think we're entering the last two days in good shape. Tomorrow we'll hopefully clean up the win and lose screens and the splash screen and credits, leaving Saturday for polishing the game play, add cool new features and packaging.
- 44 commits
- 1 branch
- 88 files changed
- 56 images
- 5 sounds
- 15 source files (including 3 test files)
- 463 insertions(+)
- 201 deletions
Currently under development:
- Chess moves