Diary #4

Today has been very productive. I added an enemy character and gave it motion, a level-up feature, a "death" feature and resultant game over screen, as well as a victory screen, meaning that I "finished" my game (that is, I have the layout done for the three levels).

However, all that was done quick and dirty just hard-coding it to work. For that reason, my code was becoming a bit unwieldy and I think it rather daunting to have tried in that method to add bullets.

Thus, I spent the last part of today re-writing my code to make it more modular and object oriented.
I'm going to have to continue in that pursuit tomorrow, but already what I've done today makes the code
look a lot neater.

ryanjsfx on 2013/09/07 05:24