Don't mind me, I'm just a brain with 2 eyes on stalksAnother day spent on infrastructure, there's not much visible change from yesterday. We need to start building levels and a story, soon.
We now have a patrolling alien, who is quite fun to push around. It pushes back, but is otherwise mostly harmless.
We have a couple of new objects are present in the world:
- There are doors between levels, or teleporting around inside the level. They can be locked, and require a switch to unlock (like the one with the green light on it, in the screenshot).
- We have a new class of interior drywall, which doesn't need to be a closed polygon.
- And there are notes on the floor, that display when the protagonist is over them.
- Decoy has gone on a sound hunting spree, and apparently found us a mountain of background music and possible effects. Nothing has been hooked up, yet, though.
- Some code was tidied up, to avoid the game_object module collapsing under its own weight.
- New werewolf artwork landed. We now have 6 out of the possible 8 movement directions.
The level editor gained some features, but we're mostly still level-editing in a text editor. We'll need to allow it to add objects to the level, and then we can start building the game. I hope we haven't left that too late...