Day 1 - We have an ideaDespite a somewhat late start, we settled on a game idea really quickly.
The idea is sheer elegance in it's simplicity. Start with the classic snakes game, and rejig it with a bunch of mutation which change the behaviour and abilities of the snake. Hopefully, we will be able to get a reasonably working engine fairly quickly, which will allow us to have adequate time to create levels while polishing the engine.
So far, 128 commits into the project, progress has been reasonably good.
- We can display levels, although we're a little short of actual levels
- We have a bunch of framework code in place for future features like sound
- We have several useful widgets for the gui
- We have a lot of funky logic for handling focus correctly with our widgets
- We have a good start on the art
- We are part way to having a level editor
- We sort of have a snake, although it currently moves in a very special way, and collisions are still outstanding.
- We've debugged our mercurial repo setup, and it now works as expected
The next couple of days don't look that promising, since we'll all be fairly busy with real life , but with luck, we'll have the basic game playable around by Wednesday .
 An annoying unavoidable distraction
 And, if we're really lucky, we'll still have the basic game playable by Friday