End of Day 5I'm really fighting sleep-deprivation right now. Going to crash like a rock as soon as I'm done with this diary entry. Like a rock? Is this how a person crashes? I can't remember. Anyways:
- 1:42pm (yes I cheated and worked more after yesterday's diary entry before sleeping): maps support background music and the game engine will stream, play, and loop the background music. I'm really liking how simple this stuff is in pyglet.
- 2:11pm: test on Windows with py2exe. It worked after I added another entry to the resource search path. It's not safe to rely on the .py file location - with py2exe it moves. I better warn people who used the skellington.
- 12:46am (after a nap and Poker Night at Tyler's across town): record, create, and find sound effects
- 2:04am: create a short background music track
- 3:58am: support sound effects in game
- 4:13am: if you don't belly flop, you don't cover as many spikes up
- 4:35am: a HUD which gives you hints as to what buttons you can press
- 7:07am: slim down tiledtmxloader and make it use pyglet.resource
- 8:57am: huge code refactor enabling me to switch scenes from gameplay to title screen or restart gameplay when you die. I took my own advice from Hugoagogo's stack overflow help post and it worked pretty nicely. Hopefully there isn't a memory leak.
- 9:47am: title screen works and has sound
- 9:53am: FPS display is a command line argument, off by default
- 10:10am: on game over, starts level over
- 10:28am: if you beat the level you go on to the next one
- 10:41am: automatically save progress so player can continue from where they left off.
- 11:04am: credits scene when you win
I'm waiting on confirmation to make sure I don't have to swap out my explosion graphic. That would suck.
- implement as many gameplay ideas as possible
- create as many levels as possible exploring those concepts
- fix some bugs/nice-to-haves
- test on windows and mac
- complete the README and make sure all files are in place on pyweek.org
- download the final submission and play through it on each operating system
- credits song
- physics bugs
- the "beat level" jingle is obnoxious. re-do it
- don't call game over until belly flop is done. he might pick up a +1
- animate the title screen
(log in to comment)