Hendominium vs the Ninja FoxIt's certainly been a long day's hacking and I'm feeling rather wasted as I write this diary entry. Operation Fox Assault has made some large strides forward today and has, I think, crossed the threshold from silly toy program into playable game with lots of rough edges. Progress today included:
- Chickens can be armed with weapons.
- Chickens can be placed in buildings.
- Chickens in hen houses lay eggs. Eggs eventually hatch into chickens.
- We have a splash screen and a game over screen.
- Artwork created for weapons and armour.
On the bright side, it seems everyone is still excited about the game we're making and a large portion of the functionality we envisaged at the outset is already in place. A large portion of the work left is tidying up the UI, adding more visual feedback to the user about what's happening behind the scenes, hunting down bugs and, of course, lots and lots of testing.