Response to early feedbackThanks for the great feedback you're all leaving.
Most of my effort was spent creating the game engine so unfortunately the user-facing code received less attention, and thus is ... somewhat ... utilitarian :)
Just so you're aware, my TODO for the next release of the game includes:
- help-screen popup when starting first dungeon
- context-sensitive LMB: click on character switches; LMB on footstep moves; LMB on enemy attacks (if only one attack) or brings up menu
- indicator for visible off-screen NPCs
- NPC turn notification
- more actions for characters (PC and NPC) to perform in the game
- NPCs need differing loadouts and skills
- a lot of cleaning up of the player management screen
Any further suggestions will be gratefully received. If anyone's interested in helping me with it that'd be cool too.
Update: To the user who requested keyboard movement - it's already there (arrow keys). And so's the shortcut for "next character" (spacebar - clearly my spacebar icon sucks :)