This is what we found after about 20 minutes of play-testing:
- After loading a savegame the first partymember will have a wrong name. Stupid little bug..
- The bossmonsters' positions on the battlescreen are a bit off. This is what you get when you never test bossfights.. ;)
- You cannot revive dead characters. The Divine Charms don't work because.. uh.. the Shadow Legion has grown stronger and the goddess' powers are weakened. Kind of..
- General balancing problems. Bossmonsters are probably too hard, even if you can kill the normal critters with one hit after some levels.
- Typos. Oh, well..
- There is a stupid "~"-sign on every item in the buy-list.
- Something is odd about our damage calculation.
- Some dungeon maps have weird tiles placed where "blackness" should be. That's because we've had several black tiles and one was changed later. Oops.
- If you start a new game, then go back and start another new game, some names and character values may not be properly re-initialized including the inventory. Some mapevents may be missing, too. Better close and re-open the game for a fresh start.
- [ADDED] Experience points are not added properly. If you level-up the additional EXP you made are lost. I.e. if you have 90 EXP and need 100 for a level, then gain 40 EXP - then your EXP are set to 0 and not 30.
- [ADDED] After a level-up you become a 1-hit killer until you enter a new map.
- [ADDED] Loading games doesn't work. It only loads the first character. Great...
Please change line 332 in entity.py to
set_chardata(self.party[x], d).. if you want to load your savegame.. ;)
- [Added2] The 3 Pieces of Magical String do not transform into the Magical String, thus you'll never be able to enter the temple for the final battle.
- [Added3] Game crashes when an "invalid" base damage is given. Which should be impossible, so it's probably related to 1-hit killer issue.
If you'd prefer to have easier monsters, feel free to replace the file monsters.py in the gamelib-folder with this one.
At least we have a cool intro. :)