UK Partner Visa and ILR Visa UK

A UK partner visa is a route to immigration in the UK for a person who lives and works abroad and is married or in a civil partnership with someone who has the right of abode in the UK.

An ILR visa UK (also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain) is an immigration status which allows people from outside the United Kingdom to live, work and study in the United Kingdom indefinitely.

The requirements for obtaining either type of visa are different, but both offer you residency rights in the United Kingdom. When you have obtained either type of visa, you will be able to apply for British citizenship after 5 years.